Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 kia rio good car 70,000 miles. Went to autozone to get a free odbII test (kia dealer wanted $90 just for a test!!!)it said i needed a "air charde Sensor" They do not have it but they can get it $25 not to bad. I need to know were the air charge sensor is located. I think it is in the intake manifold? I have never done any work on a car but i do not think this will be that hard to change. But i want to make sure i do it right. If so one to post a pic of were the air charge sensor is in a 2001 kia rio that would help out so much or show me a web page that may have it or just any tips at this point any thing will help.

trying to save money
Ryan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by ski1297@Feb 21 2005, 07:07 PM
I have a 2001 kia rio good car 70,000 miles. Went to autozone to get a free odbII test (kia dealer wanted $90 just for a test!!!)it said i needed a "air charde Sensor" They do not have it but they can get it $25 not to bad. I need to know were the air charge sensor is located. I think it is in the intake manifold? I have never done any work on a car but i do not think this will be that hard to change. But i want to make sure i do it right. If so one to post a pic of were the air charge sensor is in a 2001 kia rio that would help out so much or show me a web page that may have it or just any tips at this point any thing will help.
trying to save money
Ryan
air charge sensor????????

HUH??
never heard of such a thing!!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is in the intake manifold all i know is that i need to change the air charge sensor. I think that it does have some thing to do with the intake air temputure. Is that the same thing do you know were it is. I just want to make sure i do not F-things up.

thanks Ryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know there is a AIR CHARGE TEMPERATURE SENSOR But I just need the air charge sensor(thats what my ODBII test told me). I have been on autozone.com try looking at the air charge sensor they have both on there?I Need the Air Charge sensor

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by ski1297@Feb 22 2005, 09:11 PM
I know there is a AIR CHARGE TEMPERATURE SENSOR But I just need the air charge sensor(thats what my ODBII test told me). I have been on autozone.com try looking at the air charge sensor they have both on there?I Need the Air Charge sensor
the iat is screwed into the stock air box. i cant help you with an air charge sensor at all i have never heard of it in any car ever.
i know of another kia board where there is more ppl try posting it there
www.streetkiaz.com

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think it would be a good idea at this point to go and get your car tested by a shop, because I really questiont he validity or the accuracy of that test. To me it sounds like you might need to replace the IAT sensor, but just to play it safe and avoid potential problems, make sure you get a second opinion or atleast have another test somewhere (that wont gouge you) to verify it. DOesn't hurt to pick up another sensor, but I would still get it checked somewhere else. Also when was the last time you got your radiator flushed and put in new coolant? Maybe that might dot he trick if replacing the sensor doesn't work or if the shop is stumped, but save that for later. Remember, cheapest solutions first. No use spending Some franks on a part that might not need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts