Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not available on the paid subscription service, but this isn't even model specific. I asked in a different format but was never answered.

The air blend doors are 5 pins, 2 pins for the motor, 1 pin is left max, 1 pin is right max, but I do not understand what the third pin on the gear position dose. I can't seem to get mine to work. I can have the motor spin, but it dose not know when to stop (left or right max) and I believe it is due to the 3rd pin. This is a generic question that applies to almost all Air blend doors across all manufactures. ANY HELP would e greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
144 Posts
The air blend doors are 5 pins, 2 pins for the motor, 1 pin is left max, 1 pin is right max, but I do not understand what the third pin on the gear position dose.
The 3 other terminals are a feed back sensor that tells the ECU where the output shaft of the actuator is positioned. One terminal should be a 5V power supply, one is a ground, and the third wire (F/B) outputs a voltage between those two. When the output shaft is at one end of it's travel the voltage on the third terminal will be about 0.5V, and when it's at the opposite end of the travel the voltage on the third terminal will be about 4.5V.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 3 other terminals are a feed back sensor that tells the ECU where the output shaft of the actuator is positioned. One terminal should be a 5V power supply, one is a ground, and the third wire (F/B) outputs a voltage between those two. When the output shaft is at one end of it's travel the voltage on the third terminal will be about 0.5V, and when it's at the opposite end of the travel the voltage on the third terminal will be about 4.5V.

View attachment 115069
Yes sir, thank you or your reply, I tried to articulate that very thing in my comment, all though I am not the best at articulation My issue is the wiring harness is for a forte and the actuator is for a rio (motor swap) what I need to understand is how to re-arrange the wires in order to work. I disassembled two of the motors to see the the rio motor is 1&2 and the forte harness is pin 1&5, my issue is I need a pin out for the models in order to understand how to wire the remaining 3 pins in a way that works.
2013 kia rio air blend door
2015 forte5 sx harness.
I can get the motor to work, But the positioning wiring is my issue. Could you enlighten me to how to test/ trouble shoot this situation? Seems like it should be easy but I am probably missing an obvious solution.

Again thank you very much for your time and reply.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More specifically, I can make a pin out myself if I could understand how to bench test what pin is what. Which is why it is a generic question / non model specific.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
144 Posts
I can get the motor to work, But the positioning wiring is my issue. Could you enlighten me to how to test/ trouble shoot this situation? Seems like it should be easy but I am probably missing an obvious solution.
I think you could figure out the wiring of the position sensor just by measuring the resistance between the three remaining terminals.
The two terminals that show the highest resistance (I'd expect to see 5~10 kilo Ohms) are going to be the ones on either end of the feedback resistor, meaning the one that is left is the resistor wiper...the feedback terminal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you could figure out the wiring of the position sensor just by measuring the resistance between the three remaining terminals.
The two terminals that show the highest resistance (I'd expect to see 5~10 kilo Ohms) are going to be the ones on either end of the feedback resistor, meaning the one that is left is the resistor wiper...the feedback terminal.
Thank you very much, I will try this out tomorrow, or ASAP and report back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts