Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Only the dealership can read the airbag light. Keep in mind that the airbags WILL NOT deploy in an accident with the airbag light on. Commonly, a low voltage code can turn on the light. Have you had any battery or alternator issues recently? You may just need to have it reset. Hope the dealer doesn't charge you an arm and a leg!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona 1997 Land Rover Discovery
145 Posts
We had the same problem with our '06, low battery voltage.
Constant short trips in the winter were not charging the battery, put it on the charger overnight, problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same with our '06. Short trips drain battery.. charge it.
Airbag, ABS and TPMS codes seem to persist even if the 'issue' has gone away - you'll need a decent scan tool or a trip to the dealer to turn the light off.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sedona Ex
36 Posts
Not too long ago I replaced the battery in my 2007 Sedona. At that time I had no issues with the air bag light coming on. It did come on a couple of times since and the next time I started and used the car the light would go off. It was an intermittent problem at first. Now the light stays on. It goes out briefly when I start my car but comes back on and stays on now. Of course it is out of warranty, almost 8 years old (with 45,000 miles on the odometer) and it is not on the air bag recall list. I had my battery checked even though it is new and it check out good. I disconnected the battery and left it disconnected for a short while so everything would reset. I made sure there was nothing under the seat. I recently fixed my power rear passenger door that would only open and close in the manual position. I had 2 problems with the door. The parts cost $35.00 and it took me a little over an hour to fix it. Now it's back to the drawing board for the air bag fix. I wish it could be an easy fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts