Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm replacing the stock kia radio (non-infinity) in my Borrego LX and front door speakers, as well as adding a subwoofer and amp. I have exhausted google searches as well as the search on this kia forum for anyone who has changed out their factory equipment, either radio or speakers, and what they encountered. As in, what to expect with how to take off the door panels, running wires, dash, ect. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated. I've done many installs on other cars, but there seems to be almost no info on aftermarket stereos installed in borregos,

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego LX
246 Posts
There certainly aren't too many Borregos around to get enough help from other drivers. I've installed a double din Pioneer in our truck a couple of years ago along with a 12" drop down screen but no speakers... The head unit went quite well and I believe I used a Metra install kit. I don't think Scosche has one available...

No speakers or amplifier though.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego, LX
9 Posts
Did you complete your installation? Due to my excellent experiences with a 2008 Sorento, I recently purchased a 2009 Borrego V8, LE and I am reinstalling my aftermarket system from my Sorento into the Borrego. I am replacing the front component speakers and have external amps mounted in the hatch. My question is how did you get the wires from the aftermarket speakers from the door thru the door harness into the cabin? Everything is extremely tight. I want to use my own speaker wires. Any recommendations would be helpful thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts