Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My first time in here so wussup? I have a question for ya'll. What are the largest size rims i can put on my 2001 kia rio without having to do any mods. I came across a nice deal from my buddy 17" rims w/ rubbers....the dimensions are....215/40z 17-83....they are nice rims and would look crazy on my silver kia......however....when i take my tire off the bolt connection is female.....and the rims are coming off a car where the connection is male.....can i just buy the lock nuts and bolts that will fit on the rim and on my kia?.....please help....thanks!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
if you look at the rims and see the same number of holes in the centre as there are 'male connectors' on your car, that's the first green light for you. then you need to find out the PCD for the rim (usually written somewhere on the rim - if I'm not wrong you need PCD 100 but please confirm this with someone who knows your car) and see if it's the same for your car. If the answer is yes, then that's the second green. Finally, you can check to see if your tire scrapes your wheel wells by popping them onto your car (unless you want to calculate tire sizes and check the offset and so on). If the rims clear your fenders now, they won't if youre gonna put in serious ice in the trunk or lowering our car with springs etc. B)

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Originally posted by KIAks@Oct 1 2004, 10:56 PM
if you look at the rims and see the same number of holes in the centre as there are 'male connectors' on your car, that's the first green light for you. then you need to find out the PCD for the rim (usually written somewhere on the rim - if I'm not wrong you need PCD 100 but please confirm this with someone who knows your car) and see if it's the same for your car. If the answer is yes, then that's the second green. Finally, you can check to see if your tire scrapes your wheel wells by popping them onto your car (unless you want to calculate tire sizes and check the offset and so on). If the rims clear your fenders now, they won't if youre gonna put in serious ice in the trunk or lowering our car with springs etc. B)

yes 17s will go on rio with no work. just make sure bolt pattern and offset anr same.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts