1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia RIO (3 door)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’ve got my Rio 3 weeks ago and right now I'm asking myself,
why I didn’t took the Nav system (it was 1000 Euro extra)
btw. no UVO here in Germany :(

I was searching for a aftermarket system to replace my stock radio
and I found that:
Kia Rio 2012 DVD Player, Kia Rio 2012 GPS DVD and Kia Rio 2012 Navigation

It's running under Win CE 6 and the nav software is IGO (at least I think it is)
Sounds good to me, what are you guys thinking?

Greetings from Japan
Boris

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
While I think this unit will look quite nice, I'm not so sure on it's usability. In my experience, the Win CE based systems (which most Chinese-built ones are) can be a tad sluggish and don't have the best interface. But perhaps I'm just being picky.

The thing I really don't like, is that you can't test it out first. Unless you are buying a name brand like Kenwood or Pioneer, it's really a mixed bag as to what you might end up with. Of course, the price is sure tempting and the OEM look of the faceplate and unit combo is quite fetching. Hmmm.... it's a hard one.

If I didn't already have the stock Navi unit (I spared myself the agony of "want" this time..lol) I'd take a chance. For $400 you can simply try it out for a while and if you really hate it, just sell it.

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
wow, this really looks to be the solution of solutions. . . . . will someone please be the guinea pig on this to make great benefit to us all?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone purchased yet ? I see that they are bellow $400 on Ebay now...I'm still expecting my car delivery and are willing to buy one...i guess passanger airbag button can be put either on the start button cover or inside the cub box..
It will be nice to see pics or feedback

·
Registered
2015 Kia Rio sedan
36 Posts
didnt really want to dig up old posts but Im in the market for a nav system and this seem relevant.. any feedback on these unit??? steering wheel control function?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,114 Posts
If the one that is the subject of this thread is any good at all, it appears to be easier to install and according to their claims the fit is good, it's plug and play, and it works with the factory controls, and has an optional wireless reverse camera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts