Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a Mobile DVD package that I want to install on my Sorento CRDi model which has a control mounted on the steering wheel for the radio/CD/tape and for the mobile handsfree function. ( Note: Package which I like to consist of a DVD player with 7" indash screen and a TV tuner plus 2 7" headrest screen ) I saw one made by Audiovox last Motorshow in Megatrade but I refuse to have them installed upon knowing that the system will cause my steering controls dead. It's one of the plus factor I have against the other vehicles so I can't just let it be disconnected like that. I wonder if it's still possible to retain the original stereo to make the steering controls functional and just put some sort of a shifter or two way system to shift to the mobile DVD system. Where can I go to have it installed on my Sorento? Any advise will be deeply appreciated.
As far as my Sorento CRDi performance is concerned, I feel quite addicted driving it especially on the highway since you can feel the immediate take off as soon as you press the accelerator. I tried 180 km/hr a couple of times when I went to Subic and man, it was amazing without much windnoise and the engine seems to be asking for more. The feeling driving 180 km/hr is like driving just 120 km/hr. One time I went to panay island by ro-ro and while traveling from calapan mindoro to Roxas city, mindoro, I had the chance to go neck to neck with Nissan Patrol 3.0Di and camry 2.4. Man, wala silang sinabi lalong lalo na ng paakyat ng bundok. I'm so happy that I took Sorento CRDi, it's a best buy for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
PAC makes a kit that works with the Sorento's factory controls in the steering wheel:

PAC SWI Kits

You'd use the SWI-X, if you're going to retain the factory stereo and just add your DVD to that. If you're going to replace the whole deck (the Sorento is a great candidate for a nice factory-looking install of a screen in the dash!), then you'd have to use the appropriate one for the job. Contact PAC if you need more details on which to use.

It's not a simple plug-and-play, it does require cutting into the factory harness - but there isn't any way around that I don't think. Here's the instructions you'd use:

Sorento Install Instructions

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
22 Posts
http://www.customsorento.com/store.php?act...r&item=CS-I9017

Sanyo Mobile Entertainment System- Enjoy your long road trips with this high quality roof-mount Dvd entertainment system. Includes a long list of great features such as:

* 4-Way Adjustable 7" Screen (Up/Down/Left/Right)
* Multi-Language On-Screen Displays
* A/V Inputs & Outputs
* Parental Guidance System
* NTSC/PAL Compatibility
* Built-in Speakers
* Thin, Ultra-Compact Design
* Integrated Car Dome Light
* Plays DVD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/CD-DA & MP3
* Dolby® 5.1-Channel Surround Compatibility
Multi-Angle Function (with properly encoded DVD)

$495.00 US $$

I have no clue if this is any good or not..but it Doesn't screw with your stock CD Player..Meaning go ahead and let passengers view DVD's with headphones and you can listen to music..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts