Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I misposted and put this question in the introductory area. My bad. Sorry. I am wondering if there is anyone that offers an aftermarket cruise control for a 2005 Spectra 5???
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found that an aftermarket cruise is available that is made by Rostra. There webpage is www.rostra.com. The model number for the cruise unit for the Spectra5 is 250-1223. The model number for the control handle to mount on the steering wheel is 250-3742. These can be gotten new on ebay for less than $200.

I downloaded the installation instructions from the Rostra web page and checked them out. It doesn't look too hard. I haven't gotten it yet because I can't find out where you tap the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire. Once I figure that out I'll give it a try. I'll take some pictures and post a project on it if I do.

None of the dealers or accessory stores in my area would do a cruise control. They all complained about liability issues. That didn't help me any when my salesman had assured me I could get the cruise as an aftermarket and not to worry about getting the one they had with the sunroof that had cruise. Oh well.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I would like to do something, it's a pain on the highway without it, once you're used to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replied to your original post that a moderator musta moved.

Anyhow, I have the Rostra that was installed by the dealer's contractor. Works good on the Highway. Not as accurate as the other CC I have driven but gets the job done. Mine is located below the turn signal, which at first I thought might get ripped off by my knee, but so far so good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put a universal cruise control in my '02 spectra with no problem. $80 from Audiovox. Works great.

If you understand cars, it's a pretty easy install...connection to the throttle, source for vacuum, VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire from the computer, tap into brake light switch, tap into 12v source.

Unit is small and fits right behind the pass. side headlight.

Mark in MA

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had mine thrown in by the dealer, it looks like an aftermarket by the brochure, have had it 3 months works great, just wish it was on the wheel in stead of below the directional, but still love it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts