Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
48 Posts
Monster,

Mannix has all the functions you mentioned. I got this from Goldrich which is our car accessory partner here in Kia Motors Quezon Avenue. SRP is around 14k. According to the goldrich installer, the installation requires for it to be tapped to the central locking system and other engine parts (for remote start) but not the computer box.

Your problem is the second case I've encountered. The first case was also a Sorento with an Alien alarm installed. All the actuators were replaced. We are also studying this rare case very carefully. Some Sorento owners who have installed car alarms haven't reported any problem so far.

From a dealer's stand point, please remember that installing any after-market product (alarm, bulbs, etc.) that may affect the efficiency or performance of the car voids the warranty of the particular system it affects.

From a consumer's stand point, I understand your situation. Rest assured that we will look into this matter.

Hyundai Mobis, which is the certified parts and accessory manufacturer of Kia has an alarm system similar to the Mannix Alarm but it costs the same which is 4 to 5 times more expensive than regular alarms.

mtmkia

· Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
48 Posts
Your welcome Monster!

Columbian Motors has just released a memo regarding this incident. We have been furnished a copy of the electrical diagram to be used in installing alarms. As for us, we are already making sure that customers are well informed before accomodating their requests for installation of any after market product. For me, proper installation is the real key in installing after market products.

With regards to the other incident, the owner did not pay for everything. I absorbed some of the cost.

By the way, I am currently importing some sorento accessories from the US. Anyone who is interested can visit us Mondays to Satudays , 8am-5pm.

Thaanks.

· Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
48 Posts
None taken. I understand your point of view since I'm a consumer also and not just for cars.

You have to understand that dealers are different companies granted authority to sell the cars. In effect, every dealer has its own system of operations and so "service" and "policies" varies from dealer to dealer. As much as Columbian reinforces the standards of Kia (Global), they have their limitations too. Some dealers are dependent on Columbian, others are not since they carry other brands.

As a dealer, we have limitations too. We are pretty new (we started late November last year) and we're not saying we're perfect but this is what we are working on... to change the total brand image of Kia here in the Philippines. We are trying our best to differentiate ourselves from the old and traditional dealers. We value every opinion and criticism thrown at us or at Kia in general and we take this as a challenge in achieving total customer satisfaction and our mission to be the most preferred Kia dealer in the country.

I agree, the cars are great and the quality of after sales service is the key to every dealer's success.

With regards to the accessories, I import grilles, chrome trims, euro tail lights and more. Actually, I can import almost anything upon request of a customer. You can visit Customsorento.com. They have given me authority to distribute their items here. Local mag wheels made by Rota are also now available for the EX (units with cladding).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.