Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife isn't as happy to drive our Sedona compared to the Synergie we had. The Sedona is longer, its has a towbar, plus the turning lock is crap.

Today she backed into her mates Micra and it cost us £15 quid for a new reg plate on it.:ph34r:

So I think its time to look at something to aid her reversing the car.:auto:

Has anyone seen or heard about these devices :-

http://tinyurl.com/bqtbp

They claim to be able to be painted,

How are they fitted, is the bumper removed , does anything need cbaling to the from or is it all based on the rear electrics, i.e fed from the reverse light circuit ?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You can do it without removing the bumper, just take out the screws holding the bottom of the bumper skin on, this will allow enough flex to feed cabling thorugh, run it all up the nearside of car, remove rear light and you'll see a nice large handy grommet lower behind bumper to run into cabin. then need to unscrew scuff plate of boot floor, and undersrew nearside side panel to route cables, theres enough flex in panel to allow you to do this without removing whole trim.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Originally posted by CurlyWurlyGirl@Sep 10 2005, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Take a look at this site ...

http://www.tgincar.co.uk/

Blimey :haha: slightly :eek:fftopic: but have you seen the price of the sat nav systems on that site.. £799 for a Navman icn630. I bought one for £280 at Costco with the latest maps and software.... Plus it has been re-badged the icn635 now..

Simon

·
Registered
29 Posts
i bought mine from tgonline in belshill scotland and fitted them in an hour and now i wouldnt do with out them .example a guy in my street trys to park his corsa in a tight space and gives up so i parked the sedona in the same space and offered him parking lessons ..lol oh forgot to mention he had his girlfriend trying to help him :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a set from TGonline via ebay coming in the post.

When the kit arrives ( which has a digital display as well as a buzzer ) I may be on asking for more advice.

I have also got a 'genuine' KIA Sedona workshop manual en-route that I also got from Ebay. I figure the £35 I paid for it will return dividends overs the next 3 yrs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Ebod,

I have for the last month and a half had the workshop manual for the Sedona,
( 2002 onwards ), on CD, all one thousand odd pages.

I don't know what your expecting but if it's a Haynes manual setup, forget it.

Without wishing to be condesending or patronising to others the manual would only make sense to people such as yourself or a few others.

IMHO it's not instrutive, interesting maybe.

I will very soon however,for those who are interested, be selling a cleaned
up version on CD.
Seacam

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haynes manuals have always been crappy IMO and in recent years they have got steadily worse.

I am more interested in all the cross sectional drawings and schematics. Once I can visualise the drawings I often don't need to read the text.

Can't you post your manual in emule so we can sh.. sh.. sh.. share ! ( Then I'll re-sell my hard copy file on Ebay again ...hehe )

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Put my name down for a copy of the manual please Seacam.

Ebod I agree with you about the Haynes manuals, they've lost their way in my opinion especially once they went to chapters rather than page reference numbers and the really horrid paper that marks so easily these days!

I'm like Ebod I like to visualise what needs doing then its easy.

Bring back the Autodata manuals with their drawings (far far better than photos IMO)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts