Kia Forum banner

721 - 740 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank for reply
my question was just if this adapter used in your installation is an universal PAC adapter and can be used with other carmultimedia or only with Pionieer ...because now my OEM port is just modified inside temporary (usb soldered directly to an USB input of carmultimedia) to accept usb devices like SD...
but I can't use for Ipod with kia cable.
This kind of PAC adapter enable this function also?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use CoPilot you can download straight from the unit over wifi tether your phone. Best sat nav app I used. Also the green call and red hangup buttons do work you just have to set them up in settings.
I got the 8inch latest model top class unit and sound is brilliant

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hellop
I purchased a headunit from zenithmade (chinnese) with adroid, I connected everything with the canbus they sent, and I cant get audio from the headunit, everything else works,

is this common , did anyone have any problem with other brands? its supposed to be plug and play but so far, nothing.

·
Registered
593 Posts
To any Aussies with an early 3G Sportage minus satnav, I have an after market CD/DVD/Satnav unit that needs a technical minded operator to restore its workings, to give away. Worked fine until one day it appears to have lost its programming to function as it should.
If interested, in Adelaide to ease collection, or prepared to pay for postage, you can HAVE it! Comes with all hardware, cables, etc. Just need to remove your old unit, install this one and make it do what you want.

PM me if at all interested. No takers . . . . it goes down as a waste of money on my part and takes one more trip (to the dump!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the unit I have have it nearly a year with no issues, well 2 minor gripes 1. I cant update android apps the unit is telling me there is no internal mem but the flash has 5gig and the sd card has 10gig didn't get around to sorting that. 2. I lost voice control from the button on steering wheel but that wasn't very good anyway I use google voice not tru phone.
It wont let me post the link
Look up Boson multimedia for Sportage on Youtube....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Regards to all. I just bought Kia Sportage 2013. It came with road rover multimedia system Kia 7067 RR AL. Navigation is not working. Actually message on the screen is Can't load navigator. check sd card. I have checked sd card, there is not navigation program. Previous owner has left the country. Any suggestions from where to download program for navigation. regards.

shell 2.90.8
MCU:V1.08

·
Registered
13 Posts
It have a male end,if you did not notice.

Hi PK313,

It appears, if I found the right product, that it is universal so long as your head unit accepts the male USB A and stereo RCA leads. Rasta_Calde, feel free to correct me if I found the wrong product. This thing looks like it makes things a lot easier.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future
adapter is ok but need a female end, not male.

Here is how I did main.
http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-2016-sportage/229105-kia-sportage-2013-installing-aftermarket-stereo.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
just instaled main.

my original crap. lost all audio.
reset bottom did not do any thing. Fuses ok. 20000 miles warranty on stereo is like. Who do F knew there soch thing.
Amp replacement? Sure right after I win powerball.
So I have put in a new unit from Jensen (VX4022). Lost that voice thing. But my android doing better any way (on my phone). Have my steering control all fine but can't hang up the phone call. End to call some one have to use voice or a tuch screen.
It have no NAV. But mirocast with HDMI input will do the thing. of my phone. and if its a droid. you can use touch screen on yr unit too.
Here is more info with pics.
http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-2016-sportage/229105-kia-sportage-2013-installing-aftermarket-stereo.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I wonder if any of you can help or advise please as I am interested in changing my factory sat nav for and android unit.

I have a UK 2015 Sportage with an infinity sat nav, sub, amp and rear camera. I've been looking online and very few companies list 2014 or 2015 as being compatible but then found this http://www.roadnavi.com/product/m325-kia-sportage-satnav-s160-2010-15/

I've been speaking with them and I could retain amp, steering controls and rear camera with adaptors, but they have now said it won't work as I have a factory sat nav as I won't get sound. Does anyone know why this maybe and what is different with having satnav vs no sat nav, has anyone successfully changed from a sat nav unit to an android unit?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
Hi I would be interested in getting one of these. Please contact me to let me know how. [email protected]
Kind regards Andy
Welcome to the forum.

What specific one in this thread are you keen on getting?

You might want to reconsider posting private detail like your full name and email, ...... many unsavoury characters such as Identity Thieves, harvest these details from public forums.

Please update your profile detail, .......at least location and vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As some of you probably know, kia can make your life a living hell in case your radio dies. I happen to be fortunate enough to get this experience. My car has the limited package which includes, rear camera, navigation, bluetooth, built in amplifier with sub woofer,... when my radio died (froze) I went on a quest to get a new one. (Yes any type of warranty claim is out of the question; thank you Kia! Your warranty program is the best!)

The oem radio (made by LG) uses a digital signal connection to the amplifier (so no analog input is possible) together with canbus communication with the amplifier. So if I want to install a normal 2DIN radio (I'm looking at a Pioneer) I need some sort of a wiring harness connectors. which will enable me to connect a normal radio to the build in amplifier.

Does any one have any idea, where could I buy it ? I searched but no luck.

The second option is to trow away the build in amplifier and to install new wires to each speaker. To have the radio connected the "old" way. ? The downside being, I loose steering wheel controls, subwoofer, camera, navigation, ....

Any help and advice would be pretty much appreciated!!! I would even go for a android unit, but I don't have the courage to just blindly buy some from unknown Chinese market.

Like I said, any help would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go to Crutchfield.com/chat and tell them your make and model, and which receiver you want to install, and they will find the harness adaptors and faceplate install kit that will work for you. Axxess.com has interfaces if you want to retain steering wheel controls and back up camera. I plan to install a 5 year old JVC navigation receiver in my 2016 Sorento, and was able to find everything I need from those two sources. Good luck, Jersey Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
After I posted the last comments I took a look at my latest Crutchfield catalog, and they say you can keep the factory amp as well, with an interface from Axxess. Give them a shout out, they are the experts. Bob

·
Registered
213 Posts
2012 Sportage Radio

the Infinity system should have a compatible digital harness, Axxess, Scosche, etc... but yes, Crutchfield should be able to point you to the right accessories. once you're in there it's pretty easy and if you don't have the SX with the in-dash cooler there is a TON of space behind the dash on the passenger side for additional modules/ equipment. I had an idea to put a X-BOX 360 slim in that spot for a while, but never got around to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys for the input. I'm form Europe, but either way I'll contact the guys at Axxess and Crutchfield to see if they would be able to provide me a digital interface harness to connect a new radio unit to the factory amp. I really hope they can provide me something to resolve the issue.

If there are any more ideas, feel free to speak up :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
better alternative for you maybe?

I used these harnesses a few times in installs, they work fantastic and if you get one of the radios that are compatible it can also display your voltages, air/ fuel ratio, tire PSI, you can even reset engine codes and view them on the radio. in the compatibility notes it says it will work with the factory amplifier. Worth a look into/ call to the manufacturer... if it does what it says it does for the KIA's. I've used it on Fords and a few Chevy's but not KIA. iDatalink - Maestro - SI-HYU01-DS

Attachments

721 - 740 of 770 Posts