Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2013 cee'd JD 1.6 CRDI 94kW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I recently bought used cee'd 2013. From time to time, AFLS malfunction indicator comes on. I couldn't notice any pattern, it just happens randomly. I already went to KIA and they ran diagnostics - no issues were found.

Any idea what might be wrong and what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
592 Posts
It may be a case that when it indicates a fault you may need to get it scanned whilst it's active though I bet that would mean it's dark and no one around. Usually codes can remain inactive but in history. No idea if this one would but I can't see where you would start without the DTC code. Could be any aspect of the system. Are the lights working correcting when it fails?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be a case that when it indicates a fault you may need to get it scanned whilst it's active though I bet that would mean it's dark and no one around. Usually codes can remain inactive but in history. No idea if this one would but I can't see where you would start without the DTC code. Could be any aspect of the system. Are the lights working correcting when it fails?
Yes, it might be tricky to check it in that case. Good thing is that winter is coming, so it should be darker and easier to check if it fails. I even thought to try to cover light sensor and see if I could somehow get it on to be able to get an active error code if possible.

I can't tell for sure if everything (bending lights, for example) works fine as I was driving it on at least partially lit roads. I guess I should take it for a proper ride in the nigth to check it.

· Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
592 Posts
You could just drive with the lights on anyway, should be able to tell if the lights are steering easily if you are stationary and turn the wheel you'll see them turn. I have a Hyundai i40 with these. I also expect there are potentiometers (height sensors) on the front and rear suspension. Could be bad connections there but that's why you really need the code when it fails so you have a start point

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a minor update regarding my issue. When the AFLS warning comes on, the lights are not steering anymore.
I noticed that it happens during city driving in 99% of cases, making the issue much smaller. I was recently travelling a lot, so I could check it properly. Highway - no problem. The open road between cities - no problem. Bumpy roads through mountains - no problem. Arrived in a city and drove through a parking lot to find a space - goes on.
I also noticed that it goes on more often when it's colder and/or rainy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts