Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thinking of buying a new 2000cc Carens (no more 1800cc). Anyone tried before ? Got any known problem ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Basically, Carens is a good car, solidly built. But on the downside is the fuel consumption especially for the 1.8L version.....very disappointing. Maybe it is due to the weight as Carens is a very heavy car comparing to Toyota Wish or Honda Stream.

Not sure for the 2.0L version....no idea on the engine spec. What i can assume is that it will use the same engine as in the new Kia Sportage or Hyundai Tucson.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's value for money at the current price of S$64K. Though heard bad stories abt Korea's car, but so far, my Sephia is not giving me any major problem, except having to start the car twice in most of the morning. As long as no major known manufacturer's fault, I think I'll go for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me too. I am waiting for the delivery of the 2.0 model. March05
I think it is the lowest cost MPV at the moment. The Hyundai Trajet
is about $75K.
It looks like FC would be a drain on my pocket from the forum about FC here. Can't help it I got THREE kids, ONE wife and ONE mother to bring along...
hope that the rear seat is not too cramp for my kids (4 and 9 years old)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, read a lot in this forum about the high FC, but what the heck, assuming 10km/l as compared to others, say 12km/l, and if I drive for 3 yrs hitting 100,000km. Need to pay about $2,500 more, assuming $1.5/l. Still value for money. If I'm not wrong, when compared to Toyota Picnic, it's lighter. Not sure if this comparison is fair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts