Kia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX-GDI
11 Posts
you people have heavy feet. i have a 2018 EX FWD & average 30 mpg in the warmer months. once on a 150 mile trip on mostly flat highways, i got 35.8 on the round trip. i am sure if my son was driving my car, it would be less. he drives very eratic.
You don't have the turbo or AWD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,510 Posts
you people have heavy feet. i have a 2018 EX FWD & average 30 mpg in the warmer months. once on a 150 mile trip on mostly flat highways, i got 35.8 on the round trip. i am sure if my son was driving my car, it would be less. he drives very eratic.
Here's the way I look at it.... I could drive economically, but it only costs me $60 a year to have fun and not worry about it. In addition, I drive mostly short drives with lots of stops and starts with traffic lights and stop signs. I'm almost never on the highway where I can get good mileage. If I were really interested in mpg, the Sportage is probably one of the last cars I would buy...

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
430 Posts
You don't have the turbo or AWD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I'm getting 17 city, 28 highway, and about 21 combined with turbo, AWD, and a very heavy foot (love to feel it jump off the line, and anything under 80 on the highway is when I'm accelerating or stopping). I am very pleased with the mpg -Vs- fun factor (sure beats the 7 mpg I was getting in my '66 Impala SS, although the fun factor is a LOT lower).

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm trying to figure out what a fair price for a new 21 SX would be, and so Edmunds TMV build tool says in Houston that'd be $31,727 for a FWD version after haggling/destination fee/incentives/etc.

By contrast there is a used 2019 near me w/ 14K miles same config asking price $24K, but that's before haggling. If I could haggle down to $23K, seem worth it?

That's be $9K price difference.
Hello,
Really I don't know your driving habits and the MPG that you expect to get from the car or if you want to wait one or two years the new design. In my large experience with engines and cars, I prefer to by a brand new like a used car. The motive are the following:
  • The brand new has all new, and the engine that is the heart of the car is like a little baby in your hands in order to take care during the work where will guarantte you a very long time of life.
  • The used car has all the main parts in the middle of their lifetime and maybe you need to start to change one by one. You need to be careful with the amount (mileage). you don't know the secrets of that car.
  • Always select the cars without turbochargers. Till now the turbos has a delay not solved yet although the people of Garret said that they has designed an electric version for suppress this effect.

Conclusion: If you love the Kia sportage design, I recommend you the hybrid version, the mix of electric with gasoline that is a new sensation. I have a Kia Niro Hybrid 2020 LXS that is the model between Kia Sportage and the European Kia Ceed, and I have runned 56 MPG in highways and you feel the difference in the pocket between the MPGs. My Niro has a DCT of 6 speeds. Also those cars are equipped with a lot of electronics adds to make more safe the driving.
Regards.
Willyam

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,745 Posts
Hello,
Really I don't know your driving habits and the MPG that you expect to get from the car or if you want to wait one or two years the new design. In my large experience with engines and cars, I prefer to by a brand new like a used car. The motive are the following:
  • The brand new has all new, and the engine that is the heart of the car is like a little baby in your hands in order to take care during the work where will guarantte you a very long time of life.
  • The used car has all the main parts in the middle of their lifetime and maybe you need to start to change one by one. You need to be careful with the amount (mileage). you don't know the secrets of that car.
  • Always select the cars without turbochargers. Till now the turbos has a delay not solved yet although the people of Garret said that they has designed an electric version for suppress this effect.

Conclusion: If you love the Kia sportage design, I recommend you the hybrid version, the mix of electric with gasoline that is a new sensation. I have a Kia Niro Hybrid 2020 LXS that is the model between Kia Sportage and the European Kia Ceed, and I have runned 56 MPG in highways and you feel the difference in the pocket between the MPGs. My Niro has a DCT of 6 speeds. Also those cars are equipped with a lot of electronics adds to make more safe the driving.
Regards.
Willyam
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Account Details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts