Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently become concerned with the Clutch action on my Sorento 2.5 CRD.
At 2500 miles I have begun to notice a Noise when declutching to change up a gear. At first I thought it was an over-run noise from the Turbo but I can reproduce the noise by coasting in neutral, holding the revs at 2000 rpm and depressing the Clutch Pedal. The "feel" through the Clutch Pedal also feels slightly rough.
Any Advice Appreciated.
Thanks , our gee.

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
Originally posted by our gee@Aug 22 2004, 02:15 AM
I have recently become concerned with the Clutch action on my Sorento 2.5 CRD.
At 2500 miles I have begun to notice a Noise when declutching to change up a gear. At first I thought it was an over-run noise from the Turbo but I can reproduce the noise by coasting in neutral, holding the revs at 2000 rpm and depressing the Clutch Pedal. The "feel" through the Clutch Pedal also feels slightly rough.
Any Advice Appreciated.
Thanks , our gee.
I have recently seen a Kia UK Tech. Bulletin that deals with your issue. The solution is to install a dual mass flywheel and modified clutch unit. This applies to cars prior to Dec 04. I have some noises from my Dec 04 Sorento. I am going to wait until the Service time then deal with this because the car is running superbly at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by our gee@Sep 25 2004, 11:04 PM

[post=]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks for the reply Jonno. since my original Post I have had my Car checked out by my Dealer who says everything is normal. However I am not happy and what I think is a Problem is spoiling my driving pleasure. Please can you let me know where you have seen the Tehnical Bulletin you refered to in your reply
Thanks
Our Gee

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
Originally posted by our gee@Sep 25 2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the reply Jonno. since my original Post I have had my Car checked out by my Dealer who says everything is normal. However I am not happy and what I think is a Problem is spoiling my driving pleasure. Please can you let me know where you have seen the Tehnical Bulletin you refered to in your reply
Thanks
Our Gee

I saw the bulletin on a screen at a Kia Franchise. Of course I was not supposed to be looking. Your dealer will have it. It is a pity that there is a lot of old Kia thinking with this new range. However, I have an excellent dealership who have got me the wood effect steering wheel when Kia said it was not available. Also the steering wheel remote control and the roof bars for the roof rails (not the ones in Kia accessories range but the pukka ones from the overseas market). You should insist that your dealer checks out this TSB to see if it is relevant BUT while you are there!! Never forget you are the customer!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts