Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed SW hrdi 115 hp
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The handbrake on my Ceed SW needs to be adjusted.
Where can I get acess to the (I assume) adjustment nut, from the inside at the brake lever, or underneath the car at the lever, or elsewhere?

·
Registered
Ceed SW hrdi 115 hp
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot, actually I tried to find an old post, I was pretty sure I wasn´t the first one needing to adjust the brake.

Maybe only 5 mins at the dealer, but 1,5 hours drive.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer = Joke....

no, not really, but I'm 10 minutes away and it was free of charge...

lol sorry came here to ask same question as just become owner of a ProCeed

So Stoff you still don't know 'how to' then as you got dealer to do it.

Sadly the dealers near us, and we have two are pathetic, not only would they charge they would fail to do it correctly....

Been there twice and to be honest the so called mechanic is incompetent.

Glad the member put the link up thanks for that.....Appreciate it....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer = Joke....

no, not really, but I'm 10 minutes away and it was free of charge...

lol sorry came here to ask same question as I have just become the owner of a ProCeed

So Stoff you still don't know 'how to' then as you got dealer to do it lol....

I would prefer to do it myself then I know it was done properly and the best it could be..

Sadly the dealers near us, and we have two are pathetic, not only would they charge they would fail to do it correctly....

Been there twice and to be honest the so called mechanics are incompetent.

Glad the member put the link up thanks for that.....Appreciate it....

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
The handbrake on my Ceed SW needs to be adjusted.
Where can I get acess to the (I assume) adjustment nut, from the inside at the brake lever, or underneath the car at the lever, or elsewhere?
Hello Gunnar S
As I remember I took the time to answer this question after taking up the handbrake on my older ProCeed. It should be there to find in the old posts if you wish to trawl for it. Both adjusting at the wheels or from inside the car are easy,but if adjusting inside the car a very long reach spanner is a great help. I personally welded an extension onto a suitable spanner, but still found taking up the slack at the wheels easier. Some form of ratchet spanner would have been very handy due to the confined space. Adjustment on the pro ceed was found inside the glove box just behind the gear lever. I should imagine it's the same on your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts