Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks:

I was never one of those people that believed in conspiracy theories (second shooter, grassy knoll, etc.). However, recent events have caused me to question my beliefs. Perhaps one of you can help.

There is no detailed scematic of the pinouts fro the UVO head unit with a 2012 Sorento on the Kiatechinfo website. Anyone have one they can share?

There do no appear to be any regular and reverse wiring harnesses available. Am I wrong? Please note that 70-7303 and 71-7301-1 do not work for this application - I know I bought them and tried. There is some other one 71-7303 but I do not believe this one is right either. And, this one is obscure and the price is $45 or more.

I figure with a pinout diagram I can cut the harness and divert the speaker outputs to the amplifier. Better yet if I could find out the type of connector I could build my own harness.

Any ideas?

Regards,

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you get this to work, please post your experience. The output power of the UVO is pretty bad. Would be nice to put better speakers in the back with a nice amp. Is that what you were thinking or something more?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i fed the speaker outputs to a jl audio cleansweep, it provides 2 8V RCA out for your amp.. you can find it for as low as $150. although i'm not too impressed with the cleansweep, sound sound is a lot cleaner.

if you don't want to fuss with this, then you can always feed the speaker wires directly into the amp, although, the sound is muddy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts