Kia Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2016 sorento ex v6 awd wisconsin
95 Posts
Well done. Glad you didn't let anybody sway you from your project. I imagine a lot of hard work, both mental and physical.

·
Registered
Sorento 2019, EX V6 Premium AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Well done. Glad you didn't let anybody sway you from your project. I imagine a lot of hard work, both mental and physical.
Thanks! Yes it took me some time to figure out but the award is a great feature just for $300 CAD of budget. Next thoughts is to install smart cruise.. But this is for the next summer :)

·
Registered
Kia Sorento Ex 2016
14 Posts
I know that many of you do not like this idea but I finally did it. I have OEM LKAS installed in my car.. Works as a charm. View attachment 119792
Very very nice!

Im also interested in this, but what else is needed other than a LKAS camera? Much appreciated.

Edit I saw that you have a 2019, I only have a 2016, I guees it is not going to work, it is to bad because I have everything else like smart parking assist and smart cruise control, so LKAS would be nice also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Very very nice!

Im also interested in this, but what else is needed other than a LKAS camera? Much appreciated.

Edit I saw that you have a 2019, I only have a 2016, I guees it is not going to work, it is to bad because I have everything else like smart parking assist and smart cruise control, so LKAS would be nice also.
It will work but with LDWS lane departure warning system. So it will warn if you cross the lane but will not steer the car. Come to Canada I will install it :) You need a camera with the connector and piece of cable which you can cut off from the junked car, another block of buttons. All the rest such as scanner with variant coding and another device with EOL coding for instrument cluster I already have.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento Ex 2016
14 Posts
It will work but with LDWS lane departure warning system. So it will warn if you cross the lane but will not steer the car. Come to Canada I will install it :) You need a camera with the connector and piece of cable which you can cut off from the junked car, another block of buttons. All the rest such as scanner with variant coding and another device with EOL coding for instrument cluster I already have.
Thank you, but I forgot to mention I already have LDWS, I guess I have to buy a new car then :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Thank you, but I forgot to mention I already have LDWS, I guess I have to buy a new car then :D
Yeap, LDWS was replaced with LKAS in 2019 if I'm not mistaken. There's no way to install lkas to Sorento 2018 and older since it wasn't designed for those cars :(

·
Registered
Kia Sorento Ex 2016
14 Posts
Yeap, LDWS was replaced with LKAS in 2019 if I'm not mistaken. There's no way to install lkas to Sorento 2018 and older since it wasn't designed for those cars :(
I think that it could be possible some way, with programming, because I have a camera that can see the lanes and the car can turn the steering wheel in parking assist mode.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I think that it could be possible some way, with programming, because I have a camera that can see the lanes and the car can turn the steering wheel in parking assist mode.
No its not possible. They changed the firmware for instruments cluster staring from 2019 year model. LDWS and LKAS camera are totally different and also has different firmware. I am assuming that LDWS camera doesn't send commands instrument cluster computer to turn the steering wheel. Parking assist relies on the other system such as your 360 camera and parking sensors and doesn't use LDWS...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
To all US EX owners, could you please make me a favor? I need a photo of a steering column that is installed in US EX...
All I need is how it looks like right under the dash. No need to remove any plastic or disassemble anything. If you see the cap with a nut for a socket then you have electic steering column. I've attached a pic as an example of what I am looking for.. I am assuming that US and Canadian EX comes with this type of the steering column and higher trims come with electric steering rack.

Attachments

41 - 50 of 50 Posts