Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul+, previously owned 2005 Bk Spectra5, traded in at 125K+ miles
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Soul+ with the standard sound system. How difficult would it be to add a subwoofer? I see where it's normally installed in the back, shouldn't be too big of a deal. It's the wiring that I'm thinking of. Seems like it should be doable without too much hassle, but I could be wrong. Would I have to replace the head unit to add a woofer and then run the wires all the way back?

jim in mn

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima S with a 2.4 engine
4 Posts
I have a 2018 Kia optima which is also or 4th generation / 2016 to 2020 model so they're probably be pretty close.. I didn't know the wiring color coding. Update I talked with crutchfield and they walked me through the whole process there's two main clips on the back of your radio if it's a 7 in touch screen with six speakers (no stock car amplifier) the farthest clip to the left(the first clip) has one blue wire, that's your remote hook up, the next clip over (the second clip) has your speaker wires, on that clip the wires all the way to the right (they are the wires that are thicker than the rest of the wires) the speaker wires are set up kind of weird. because the speakers you want to use to tie into to add a LOC converter are the top 2 I think they are red and blue and then the bottom two can't reminder them colors... But with this car if you want your system to sound awesome and go through a hell of a lot less hassles with polarity issues, I would highly recommend you get what's called keyloc converter, what a huge difference from a regular loc!! I've been doing systems for 30 + years, so please take my advice on this one yes they are more expensive but with this you get what you paid for and with these new cars and all the hidden crossovers and things like that the only way your system's going to sound right in a new car adding an aftermarket system is with the keyloc !! It will save your car system and make it sound a 1000× better if you're adding an aftermarket amp / system trust me what I posted here will help you a lot if you have the same kind of car, or any newer cars... But I did a ton of research just to find out these few little things, but with that keyloc converter my system sounds way better than any other converters I've tried and it took away all the troubleshooting it's well worth it

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima S with a 2.4 engine
4 Posts
I was trying to hook up a aftermarket amp to a stock stereo using a loc but didn't know the wiring color coding. Then finally I talked with crutchfield and they walked me through the whole process there's two main clips on the back of your radio if it's a 7 in touch screen with six speakers (no stock car amplifier) the farthest clip to the left(the first clip) has one blue wire, that's your remote hook up, the next clip over (the second clip) has your speaker wires, on that clip the wires all the way to the right (they are the wires that are thicker than the rest of the wires) the speaker wires are set up kind of weird. because the speakers you want to use to tie into to add a LOC converter are the top 2 I think they are red and blue and then the bottom two can't reminder them colors... But with this car if you want your system to sound awesome and go through a hell of a lot less hassles with polarity issues, I would highly recommend you get what's called keyloc converter, what a huge difference from a regular loc!! I've been doing systems for 30 + years, so please take my advice on this one yes they are more expensive but with this you get what you paid for and with these new cars and all the hidden crossovers and things like that the only way your system's going to sound right in a new car adding an aftermarket system is with the keyloc !! It will save your car system and make it sound a 1000× better if you're adding an aftermarket amp / system trust me what I posted here will help you a lot if you have the same kind of car, or any newer cars... But I did a ton of research just to find out these few little things, but with that keyloc converter my system sounds way better than any other converters I've tried and it took away all the troubleshooting it's well worth it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts