Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Try the full range of adjustments available, including lumbar (lower back) settings if available.
It would be interesting to have opinion on what is the lumbar adjustment is supposed to do. I can't work it out. A knob is provided with obviously moves something inside the seat but it makes absolutely no difference to reducing the void in that area. I've noticed this on all cars, incidentally, not just the Ceed. (Though the Ceed would be better if the seat had some shape, with side support too, rather than being two flat slabs.)

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Ace Demon: I agree on lumbar adjustments; I've never needed support in that area. .... I scoff at users who sit perched in front of computers with screens at "eye level", but with necks straining. End of rant.
(Was that a rant?) I'm not sure how I sit to look at the screen when not thinking about it. (Though desks and cars do have different requirements.) But I am at the desk now and, despite looking at a screen below eye height I still have more backrest contact than I get from the Ceed seat. My chair has proper shaping and padding in the lumbar region rather than a wobbly steel bar.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Both myself and wifey have back problems but on log trips but we find the Ceed excellent with not aches even after 8 or more hours in the car. The seats do have shape, they are not just 2 flat slabs, don't know why Ace Demon says that,
I don't have back problems and they don't cause problem but they're definitely more park bench than bucket seat. The only shape is from the side bolsters but they're so far apart I don't touch them. The backrest doesn't match the base properly so I can easily slide my arm into a gap under the base of my spine. (I wonder if the latter is yet another undesirable side effect of all this overbearing safety nonsense - a crash to the knees allows the hips to push back.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.