Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ceed 3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have recently had a kia ceed 3 2012 and we are very happy with the car but I have noticed there is something diggin in my lower back and I took no notice at first as its a new car and just took it as me just getting used to a deferent car. It was a kia approved car with 12000 miles on and first thought the seat may have dipped on the back but it seems ok but not as firm as the passenger side.
I've sat in the passenger side and the wife drove and I didn't feel the lower back pain.
Don't get me wrong but as we have had the car for a family car and plan on long trips I'm not happy with the seats.

Is there a way of adjusting the Active headrests as I can push the bar on the lower back of the seat and the headrest pops out but when it goes back in the bottom sticks out to far. It's only a little but it's uncumftable.

Please could anyone help me as the dealer will probably want to check it over and keep the car and I've been back a few times already with miner problems.

cheers

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Unless you are an unusual size and shape, you should be able to adjust the seating to be comfortable. Try the full range of adjustments available, including lumbar (lower back) settings if available. Seat height and relationship to the other controls is also important. The headrest shouldn't interfere with the normal settings.

Do you have any medical problems? Do you sometimes have lower back pain while not driving? Any past history of gall-stones or radiotherapy? Older people are also more sensitive to posture difficulties.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Try the full range of adjustments available, including lumbar (lower back) settings if available.
It would be interesting to have opinion on what is the lumbar adjustment is supposed to do. I can't work it out. A knob is provided with obviously moves something inside the seat but it makes absolutely no difference to reducing the void in that area. I've noticed this on all cars, incidentally, not just the Ceed. (Though the Ceed would be better if the seat had some shape, with side support too, rather than being two flat slabs.)

·
Registered
ceed 3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried all the adjustments and still the lower part of the active headrest still sticks out more than the passenger side. It seems to have less padding.
I'm 32 years old and in very good health with no problems with lower back so that rules that part out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Both myself and wifey have back problems but on log trips but we find the Ceed excellent with not aches even after 8 or more hours in the car. The seats do have shape, they are not just 2 flat slabs, don't know why Ace Demon says that, if you want flat the C-Max we had was flat (yet still comfortable after 8 hours in the driving seat - the passenger seat had no lumbar and gave us both issues).

Would suggest you go and look at and sit in another identical car and satisfy yourself that yours is different. If it is the warranty should sort.

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Might be a manufacturing fault with the seat.

Ace Demon: I agree on lumbar adjustments; I've never needed support in that area. In fact most OH&S information on back support seems totally spurious to me. This is particularly true of "ergonomic" seating arrangemts for computer desks. I have "slumped" in front of computers for DECADES with no ill-effects. I scoff at users who sit perched in front of computers with screens at "eye level", but with necks straining. End of rant.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Ace Demon: I agree on lumbar adjustments; I've never needed support in that area. .... I scoff at users who sit perched in front of computers with screens at "eye level", but with necks straining. End of rant.
(Was that a rant?) I'm not sure how I sit to look at the screen when not thinking about it. (Though desks and cars do have different requirements.) But I am at the desk now and, despite looking at a screen below eye height I still have more backrest contact than I get from the Ceed seat. My chair has proper shaping and padding in the lumbar region rather than a wobbly steel bar.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Both myself and wifey have back problems but on log trips but we find the Ceed excellent with not aches even after 8 or more hours in the car. The seats do have shape, they are not just 2 flat slabs, don't know why Ace Demon says that,
I don't have back problems and they don't cause problem but they're definitely more park bench than bucket seat. The only shape is from the side bolsters but they're so far apart I don't touch them. The backrest doesn't match the base properly so I can easily slide my arm into a gap under the base of my spine. (I wonder if the latter is yet another undesirable side effect of all this overbearing safety nonsense - a crash to the knees allows the hips to push back.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts