Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sedona TS automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any knowledge of the accuracy of the temperature gauge on the 2009 2.9 diesel Sedona?
Mine reaches (and holds) mid way between the middle and the mark just below it which would indicate that it is running a bit cool. I appreciate that there are no actual temperature figures on the gauge, but normally the mid point is considered as being the norm (90 degrees)
Really would appreciate any comments to whether this is normal or if I have a "lazy" thermostat that would be better replaced.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
not sure on a diesel, but from owning two Kia's and feedback from various forums and members over the last six years, just slightly below the centre mark is normal operating temperature and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Be careful of the temperature gauge. It is nothing more than a glorified dummy light. Operating temperature is a few ticks under the half mark. If your engine actually overheats - it goes directly from the "normal" position to the "H" position with little to no in-between.
-
To answer your question: Yes, the position you are describing is the normal operating temperature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts