Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just found out that the acceleration on a sephia gs is 10sec 0-60, while an rs is 10.3 sec 0-60...as far as i can tell therye basicly the same in body style & engine type so, why is the acceleration different? could it be that the gs has a spoiler & the rs doesnt? id like to know because the engine im putting in my car is from an rs & i dont want to downgrade, so if theres anything i can do to the engine before im done swapping to raise the acceleration (if necessary), i wanna try it

·
Registered
7 Posts
if I remember GS in the kia models means base model... I'd say the GS probably WEIGHS less by 100 or 200 lbs... it doesn't sound like much but as little as 50 lbs can make a difference. why the difference in weight? ammenities... does the GS have a/c by default? a compressor weighs a lot... does it have power seats? are they leather? small things add up... is it a full size or donut spare?
The spoiler is meaningless if the vehicle is front wheel drive... if anything it keeps the rear wheels on the ground but the traction is up front anyway... if anything the spoiler ADDS drag to the car that it doesn't need if it's FWD. if it's rear wheel it likely would'nt affect 0-60...
also transmission gearing may be different between the RS and the GS... but if power figures are the same for both cars it shouldn't matter which engine you choose.there are other things besides power and a spoiler that affect acceleration times... weight and gearing being the biggest ones.
Hope this helps a bit.

Truly,
Lexx

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes your absolutely correct, in fact I lost 200LB ont he car after all the crap I took out. I haven;t tested the performance reciently but last time I checked (many months ago) I got clost to 0-60 in 8 (like I said, clsoe to 8, thats not 8 flat. and like I said, i haven't tested it out in a while)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts