Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Sorento LX AWD Dk Cherry '08 Nitro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Sorento was hit while parked and we were out of town - well it's been at the Kia dealer for 6 weeks and we won't likely have it back for another 2 weeks - 2 MONTHS in the Kia Collision Shop!!

Dealer seems like they are trying to do everything to get parts, but they have to come direct from Kia or Factory in Ga, who don't want to give up the parts.

My wife loves her Sorento, but with issues like this we may not purchase another.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
Call KIA HQTRS and describe problem. KIA has repeatily tried to solve problems with dealer/distribution interfaces just to keep people like you reasonably happy with their KIA purchase. May need work order number from dealer. This might jack dealer up as well. Again, some dealers just don't try to provide real service, though good ones use Lexus service as a guide. If you find it's a dealer problem, find another dealer if practible and relatively near.

·
Registered
'11 Sorento LX AWD Dk Cherry '08 Nitro
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts finially came in, now the dealer says his bays are full and it will be 2 more weeks. Say they can't keep a vehicle in a bay waiting on parts. Great it'll be 8 weeks.

I did file a case with Kia, so far all they replied is they opened a case. I even tried to get dealer to take the vehicle on a trade for a 2013. They said not until it's repaired (It's in their shop), otherwise management will low ball us - huh???

Really disappointed Kia has put me in this position. I could complain about the dealer now making me wait, but it's Kia's fault not getting them parts. Like I told Kia in my case complaint, "if my wife wanted to be driving around in a tin can Toyota Corolla (rental), we would have bought one. This is a joke!

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
This does not sound like a KIA issue, but your dealer has issues. This is not normal. Dont judge all of kia based on this one dealer.

It sounds fishy, sometimes parts are hard to get, sometimes, but, if your telling us the whole story, they seem to be giving you bogus answers for some other reason.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
You man they actually gave you a free rental for 2 months??? Can't believe that.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Almost makes me want to believe that this guy is a troll trying to make potential buyers avoid buying Kia's...it has happened here before.

If not then my apologies. But the Sorento has been out for 3+ years now. There should be no problem getting body parts by now.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
I do not get one thing.
Why body parts availability would play important role in purchase decision?
It is like you are saying - I will need those, meaning I am going to crash it.

Did you get loaner? How big the damage was? So large you could not drive until parts came?
C'mon, this is not an issue. I understand your frustration, but this is not end of the world.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I do not get one thing.
Why body parts availability would play important role in purchase decision?
It is like you are saying - I will need those, meaning I am going to crash it.

Did you get loaner? How big the damage was? So large you could not drive until parts came?
C'mon, this is not an issue. I understand your frustration, but this is not end of the world.
Well if a potential Kia owner sees this and gets the message that if he gets into an accident or if someone hits him/her and that will put their Kia out of service for a number of months due to parts not being available, then I can see that being an excuse to avoid the brand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts