Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Sephia 2001 (47000 Kms) this week it rained pretty hard and the windshield fogged up. So I turned on the Windshield defrost and it automatically turns on the Air Conditioning.

Although I know that AC defogs faster then normal air it concerns me that in the winter when I need to defrost the car that the AC will be on. I don't like using AC as I like to use as less gas as I can. During the winter I can see this using more gas then it should.

Is there anyway to make it so the AC doesn't turn on? the car doesn't have a manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I figured this question should be answered since so many people have looked at this post.
Every time you use the windshild defroster it activates the a/c compressor. When the compressor is active the a/c light comes on. So don't worry it's normal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
there is a way to disable it. Check out the streetkiaz.com forums, if not here is the "code" i have yet to try it but it works for a rio, should work for a sephia I think.

Turn the ac on defrost and turn the fan on 0. Then then I think you press the ac button off (if not then turn it on if it doesn't work) then press the air recirculator button (the one across the AC button) 5 times in the next 3 seconds and if done right the light should blink. I will try it as soon as im out of class.

·
Registered
126 Posts
To 2001 owner w/ac issue. You might try turning the heat up to bypass the ac in the defrost mode. But let me say something: I own a 1999 Sephia that lacks ac. And beleive me I wish I had it. The car warms up quickly and then heats up the inside of the car quickly. I just wish I had ac.......speedster1

·
Registered
126 Posts
To Nighthawk: You seem to know your way around a Sephia and I have a question for you or anyone who can answer it. I know that the front and rear wheels have adjustments for toe in and toe out. But, does the front suspension have any adjustment for caster and/or camber? Some cars of the size do, some don't. But what about a 1999 Sephia? speedster1

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am about 90% sure its not adjustable unless you get an aftermarket kit, but double check at streetkiaz.com, I coul dbe wrong. Also after the adjustment, have the alignment done since its not gonna wear at an even rate once changed. At the moment im running on stock alignment, steelies (first gen sephia rims, want the alloys) and stock suspension/springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts