Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been a while since I posted anything on here.

about 2 months ago I notice that my AC don't cool as much as it used to. I recharged it 2 weeks ago and before I did I notice that my compressor cuts on for about 5 secs and then cuts off. then I recharged it. after recharging to 55psi I still did not notice that diff and its still blowing 80degrees air at max ac and full fan and sometimes its cools to 60degrees for a bit but then warms up again to 80. also notice when I keep on fan speed 2 its cools to about 70degrees .

But anyways what im trying to say is that my ac compressor cuts in and out and it still doing it so till this day.

What I did so far.
1: measured psi at 75degree weather came out to 40 psi measured at 85-90 degree and it cam out to like 55psi (seems normal)
2:clean and power wash ac condenser to make sure its getting proper air flow(help alittle)
3:adjust tension on the ac belt
4:notice that low pressure aluminum line gets cold but not as much as it used to like last year sometime I see frost at 100d weather from the line but not this year

what else do I need to do. I was told maybe it needs more frion but at 55psi at 90degree weather seems to be in specs. I don't wanna over charge it and blow the compressor. Any ideas

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: i notice something today when i rev the car up pass 1500rpm and when driving normal speed and past 1500rpm the compressor cuts off. so i parked it and hook the guage up and ran some number when the car is in its coldest 55-60degrees the car is at idleabout 800 to 900 rpm and measured psi at34-35. rev the car at about 1600-2000 very light on the gas to reach rpm and the compressor cuts off and air blows warm air. what do yall think it is? bad clutch on the compressor? i know the compressor is suppose to cut off if the pedal is pressed at full throttle but not at 1500 rpm. or do yall think the ac belt is to tight that would cause the clutch to not slip at 1500rpm? i will try to adjust the belt again tonight for the 3rd time and see if that would help. but any other ideas let me know.

Also wanted to add that do you think 34-35psi at its coldest 60degrees is to low?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any other suggestions before I replace the clutch on the compressor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts