Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2012 BMW 740I
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hit the auto button on my 2011 EX 4Cyl, the compressor seems to cut on, it could be around 50 degrees and it seems to cut on as well, since the engine seems to make some noise!!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Mine is the same way most of the time. It seems that even if the Climate control is turned on, I can still hear the Compressor kick in...kind of annoying. It doesn't do it all of the time though.

When it does, simply push the button so the light illuminates, then push it again. That disables it. Also, don't forget that when the defrost is on, the compressor automatically comes on aswell.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
If you have your defrost on, the a/c is on also.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6
40 Posts
When I hit the auto button on my 2011 EX 4Cyl, the compressor seems to cut on, it could be around 50 degrees and it seems to cut on as well, since the engine seems to make some noise!!
Thanks!![/QUO

It's normal. I think most cars us a/c way more than they need to. I don't know what the cut off is, but probably around 50F. My Honda does the same thing as did my Jeep Grand Cherokee. If outside is less than 70F, just push the a/c button, the light will come on, push again and a/c is disabled. It will not come on again until you push the a/c button or choose Auto. Note: if you start the car and it is warm out, it may select inside air, if so push the recirc button, it too will stay off until pushed again or you choose auto. Fan and mode will stay on auto. This is better than my Honda which never shows what it is doing unless you disable every function manually. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2012 BMW 740I
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback, I was not aware that if you push the a/c button twice, it will disengage the ac compressor, so will try. Living in Florida doesnt help either....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts