Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Sport, 05 Volvo XC90 2.5T, 01 Kia Sportage 4x4 Convertible
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned on the AC and I do not see clutch spinning. Took this pic this morning and looks like there is a wire that broke off. By looking at this picture, can someone tell me if this a ground or power wire? Hope I can splice it up and maybe solder it back together. Need AC for the summer lol. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Just checked my 2000 . Theirs 2 wires in the taped harness the one screwed to the a/c compressor is a/c pressure , and the other plugs in behind the a/c clutch is activate the clutch.To be on the safe side check with a ohm meter.
chief

·
Registered
10 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Sport, 05 Volvo XC90 2.5T, 01 Kia Sportage 4x4 Convertible
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked my 2000 . Theirs 2 wires in the taped harness the one screwed to the a/c compressor is a/c pressure , and the other plugs in behind the a/c clutch is activate the clutch.To be on the safe side check with a ohm meter.
chief
Yes and I did manage to splice/solder the broken wire together. But I just noticed the ac belt is missing (just bought this 01 3 weeks ago).

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Its the ez one to change. Theirs a adjustment pulley located on the front of engine block. I found it ez to access it from underneath. Check the pulley for free rotation , that may have cause the belt to break an taking out the a/c wire.
chief

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the ez one to change. Theirs a adjustment pulley located on the front of engine block. I found it ez to access it from underneath. Check the pulley for free rotation , that may have cause the belt to break an taking out the a/c wire.
chief
Awesome thanks for the info. I did find an alldata diagram on how to replace it as well. Looks to be simple. I do have one more question. I am trying to order the part online (ebay or amazon) and I'm coming up with this part number "4PK925". Would this be the right one to order?

·
Registered
340 Posts
If your looking for the belt , check this out if you don't mind ordering online.
RockAuto Parts Catalog
I sure napa ,auto zone ,pep boys, ect. sells them.
chief

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your looking for the belt , check this out if you don't mind ordering online.
RockAuto Parts Catalog
I sure napa ,auto zone ,pep boys, ect. sells them.
chief
Looks like rockauto's cheapest ac belt is roughly $7. Got the one off amazon for the same price and looks like it shipped out already. Hopefully everything else goes smoothly from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the part at a local Autozone = $4 hehe. Will try to install this tomorrow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New belt installed. AC seems to be working, blowing cold. Mission accomplished.

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
"COOL"
:cool:

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok then, now stop using fram orange box filters... ;)
Haha, whats wrong with Fram filters? (dont answet this) FYI, i have a white Purolator coming on next lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts