Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have just purchased a Sorento 2.5 CRDi XS Auto and find that after initial start up and driving forward a few feet a slight vibration is felt through the pedals for about 1 second, after that the vehicle is fine until the ignition is switched off and re started and then the vibration is felt again.

It has been suggested that this may be the ABS setting itself ?

Has anybody else noticed this? or anyother suggestions !

Also I have had to have the clock changed as it was changing time overnight.

:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have abs, but have never felt the vibration you mention. Will look for it. BTW i have the 3.5 liter gas version. Manuel

·
Registered
Sorento XS
24 Posts
I have the same car as you but in manual - I too have this sensation (mainly felt through the R/H front wheel) & has done so since day 1.
Can only assume it's some kind of sensor for the ABS or other such device.
It has no ill effect as far as I can tell & lasts a split second only when first pulling away.
Hope this helps/comforts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Sorento is same model as yours (about 3 months old). I haven´t noticed any vibration, short or long one. You said you feel it through pedals, is it easy to notice? Do you hear anything which could link on this?

I´ll try to catch it out if possible and let you know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guy's for your replies, it's not really too noticable but when you know its there you wait for it to happen.

Hope my new Sorento will not be too much trouble, owned a Volvo S60 D5 SE Auto prior to this purchase and had no trouble at all. Diesel engine in Volvo very quiet compared to Sorento which is very noisy when cold.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
This is normal. Some people feel it and some don't. It's just the ABS running some test, but I forget which test it is. Anyway, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I have a 2004 sorento 2.5 crdi manual, I feel the same vibration when I start running, but only once after turn on ignition, every time I turn on ignition and start running. I think it is normal because I tried a new sorento with only 1000km recently and it happened also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts