Kia Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento SX
3 Posts
I also had the ABS light and Skid Control lights on all the time. Finally took it in to my KIA dealer service dept and they diagnosed it as a rear wheel sensor gone bad. They also found it was a recall item and replaced it for no cost and took about an hour.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento SX
3 Posts
ABS, Skid Control and Parking Brake Dash Lights On

Took car to the dealer and they replaced a rear wheel sensor that took care of the constantly on lights. The sensor was under a recall and the replacement was done at no cost.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento FWD v6
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Good deal. Guess my failure was way too early prior to the recall And of course about 500 miles out of the warranty too.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
having same issue - all 3 came on a few days ago, went off after restarting a few times, now steady on. Mechanic says over the phone (without looking at it) its alternator which is $437!!! However after reading this I dont know which way to turn.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento FWD v6
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
having same issue - all 3 came on a few days ago, went off after restarting a few times, now steady on. Mechanic says over the phone (without looking at it) its alternator which is $437!!! However after reading this I dont know which way to turn.
Alternator? WTF?!?! Read over this thread in its entirety Bissie and take time to digest. It's not your alternator or you'd be having other problems, like a dying battery. There's no such thing as a true "mechanic" these days at dealers. They're all just " throw a part at it" mentality as we call 'shotgun troubleshooters.'

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
New hubs/WSS read open circuit / infinite resistance

Hmmmmm. Received the hub/sensor assembly from Rock Auto, USPS mangled the box. Checked resistance on the sensor and it read open circuit / no continuity.....I'd expected to read something. I used two different meters, switched leads, checked each pin to the hub. Contacted Rock Auto and they sent a second one, which arrived today. Checked resistance - same result. I'm thinking this is a Hall effect sensor with the ground connection made internally, so that the pins are reference voltage and signal. Would make sense to read open circuit resistance. I'm wondering if BOTH rear sensors are bad, or perhaps the lower resistance one is TOO low and the other is on its way to failing. It won't take long to install, so that will be the real test. If it takes both hubs to fix the problem, so be it, I'll let Rock Auto charge me for both and be done with it.
I've run into this same situation. My drivers side rear wheel hub/sensor reads 120 ohms, and my passenger side reads around 800. So that leads me to believe that the one that reads 120 is bad. Ok, so I got a replacement from 1A Auto and installed it. No change, the warning lights are still on. The reading on this one is 25 M ohms. Wtf? I did not check this one before I installed it not thinking that it would be bad. I just assumed after reading this thread it would be fine after replacing the bad wheel hub/sensor. So, I contacted 1A and they sent me another wheel hub. I checked it before installing it and it reads around 400 K ohms. They sent me a 3rd one and the same thing 400 k ohms. They refunded my money and I'm ok with that. Thanks 1A Auto customer service. So then I ordered a Kia oem part, and I get the same thing you're talking about. An open reading. From the factory part!!! So, I installed it anyway just to see what would happen (third time I'm doing this in about a months time and I have the time down to about 20 mins with hand tools only) The reading changed to 30 M ohms. Anybody have any idea what is going on here? I really don't want to take it to the dealership and have them try to diagnose this.

If you've read this far thank you. I need some help here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the cap off of one of them. From pics I’ve seen of other Hall Effect sensors there were teeth or gear looking thing so that would pass close to the magnet. The point on the inside of the plastic cap that the cable plugs into is just a magnet. Should there be teeth on the wheel there? Does this look right?

Attachments

41 - 48 of 48 Posts