Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly Owned: 2002 Sportage, 2012 Optima EX and 2016 Sorento SX Currently Own: 2016 Sedona SX
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Sedona SX and lately I've been having issues with the BSD and ABS lights coming on when I start up. It's not every time tho. I took it to the Kia dealership for an oil change. Husband dropped it off and didn't mention anything to them but I saw they noted ABS and Traction lights were on in the paperwork after he picked it up.

I called to ask more about it and he said it's probably a sensor going out. I could make another appointment to get it diagnosed. Why they didn't call and ask if I wanted it looked at while they had it I don't know but I'm wondering if this is something we can take care of ourselves or if it needs to be looked at by a mechanic first to verify it is for sure the sensor.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
136 Posts
I'm wondering if this is something we can take care of ourselves or if it needs to be looked at by a mechanic first to verify it is for sure the sensor.
There are a lot of things that could cause those warning lights to come on, so the fault will really need to be diagnosed by a garage. Not necessarily a Kia dealership though.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo // 2020 Sportage LX FWD
456 Posts
Yes there is a lot few componets to that system all that can be tested with a live feed scan tool and a quick drive. Most garages would only charge 50$ or so for the diagnosis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.