Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
o7 Sorento 07 Camry,99 Pontiac
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 07 lx sport w/ 3.8 ltr and 85,000 miles. Coming home one night, all of a sudden the abs and esc light came on. As I got home and started up the gravel driveway ,I decided to put it in 4wd and 4wd low and then back in 2wd. The lights went of and I thought it was just a brain fa*t.:D
Wife drove the next day and both lights came back on.Now when I drive it, it is totally random of when light comes on and off but I did go have battery checked and charging system check and all is well except they said I needed a new battery. What do you all think. Apprecitate all the help!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
There are 2 things that commonly cause the ESC light to illuminate in the old Sorentos.

1. Brake switch. There was a recall on the 07s for this. If it applied to yours, was it done? Call your dealer to find out, you will need the VIN. Of course at 85k, even if it was done it could be bad again.

2. Transfer case motor. There is a TSB about replacing it for certain codes. If this is the problem, that could be why the lights went out after you messed with the 4WD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts