Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a stupid question, how can i tell if it has abs brakes i didn't realize that they were optional? its acting like it doesn't, yet the guy who re did the brakes says it does -said he could tell when he changed it?? i didn't see abs on the brake pad like my other cars..

used 2004.5 kia spectra EX

or i can just go slam on the brakes for fun :) thanks..

·
Registered
206 Posts
so i have a stupid question, how can i tell if it has abs brakes i didn't realize that they were optional? its acting like it doesn't, yet the guy who re did the brakes says it does -said he could tell when he changed it?? i didn't see abs on the brake pad like my other cars..

used 2004.5 kia spectra EX

or i can just go slam on the brakes for fun :) thanks..
It's a good idea to try out abs brakes on a new vehicle so that you know what to expect when you need them in a hurry. Pick a nice straight bit of road, doing about 50 mph and making sure there is nothing behind you, then slam on the brakes. If you have abs you will be able to tell. To stop the wheels locking the brakes are released and reapplied very quickly.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you have an ABS light when you turn your ignition on is a pretty good indicator too. No ABS light = no ABS.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On the 2004.5-2006 spectra SX and Spectra5 Break calipers will be panted black on the front rotors and there is a ABS light on the dash that will flash, as well as on the back side of the front rotors there will be a sensor strip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts