Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago my ignition fuse blown out and i replace it with a new one. Today i've notice that sometimes when i brake the ABS and the Warning Light come out. What's wrong with it? do i have to reset the ECM after changing the fuse or my ABS has malfunction?

Thanks....

·
Registered
1998 Kia Sportage
209 Posts
Does the light come on and stay on? Or does it just come on momentarily? Im not very familar with the sportage ABS system because mine doesnt have ABS. However, I am familar with the price of fixing an ABS system and it usually isnt cheap. But if your worried about your brakes not working possibly, dont worry about it. All ABS systems come with a backup system that makes sure that even if your ABS isnt working, you will still have normal braking

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first they came momentarily and then after i clean the ABS sensor connector they stays on but after i disconnect the battery negative terminal and reconnect it back, the light was gone. I think its ok now.

·
Registered
1998 Kia Sportage
209 Posts
Lets hope so, it may have just had a trouble code in the system and needed to be cleared. If you still have problems with it, take it to a parts store or dealership that can read the code. Its an OBD II system so the ABS system has its own set of trouble codes that they can read to help pinpoint the problem

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage EX 4x4 auto
137 Posts
check to make sure your master cylinder has the right amount of fluid in it my light started to come on at times when braking and eventually stayed on and the master cylinder was low on fluid added some and it stayed off but then started again. The master cylinder started to leak right against the brake booster took it back to the dealer and was told Sorry the warranty doesnt cover that had to buy a new master cylinder to fix the problem Kia doesnt make a rebuild kit for mine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by RaleTheBlade@Dec 8 2005, 12:29 PM
Lets hope so, it may have just had a trouble code in the system and needed to be cleared. If you still have problems with it, take it to a parts store or dealership that can read the code. Its an OBD II system so the ABS system has its own set of trouble codes that they can read to help pinpoint the problem

Incorrect. The ABS system does not follow OBD-II protocols. You need a Kia Pro Scan Tool to read the ABS troublecodes or use a shorting pin method on the Diag connector that is in the engine compartment...NOT the OBD-II connector under the steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts