Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
I have Kia Carens 2 with A/T...
Some of my friends said that i should get M/T instead of A/T, 'coz A/T is more fragile and expensive in maintenance....

Can you guys give informations, how to maintain the A/T vehicles, the "DOes" and "DON'Ts" ?

Sorry for bad english...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I drive an auto carens 1.8. In Korea, your left leg numbs everytime your'e onthe road, so most cars are AT. They are not fragile, not mine nor any korean carens owners will testify. They are reliable inthe sense that it will get you from point A to point B. Just make sure you change transmission oil as recommended, and don't do stupid N to D drops to try and get wheelspin and you should be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by paikiah@Dec 3 2004, 01:52 AM
I drive an auto carens 1.8. In Korea, your left leg numbs everytime your'e onthe road, so most cars are AT. They are not fragile, not mine nor any korean carens owners will testify. They are reliable inthe sense that it will get you from point A to point B. Just make sure you change transmission oil as recommended, and don't do stupid N to D drops to try and get wheelspin and you should be fine.
Hi Paikiah,
I am not a experienced driver. Could you explain more detailed about "N to D drops to try and get wheelspin"?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The less you know about it, the better. LoL~

acutally, it's just climbing the revs to a certain point (in the case with the Beta engines, I think 3,200rpm should suffice) adn then drop it to D, thereby having enough torque to get you moving at a somewhat more rapid pace. Terrible for the transmission to go through. You'll get better results by braking and climbing the revs.

If you drive like a normal civilised driver, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to purchase an auto. Problems start at around 200,000 km, from what carens owners go through in Korea. At that kind of mileage, any car is bound to have problems one way or another.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Changing of Tranmission oil at every 20K interval can make the A/T last a bit longer....

Also shifting to N during traffic jams will also help in reducing the wear and tear of the A/T clutch plate. :57:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts