Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

We've had our Kia for about a year now and love it for the most part. We've been noticing a funny rattle for a while now though. My wife (who is the main driver of this car) says it seems like it's getting worse. When I drive it I notice when you hit bumps, especially abrupt ones, it sounds like something rattles under the car. Like something is loose. If it was an older car I'd think loose exhaust, or bad struts, or something.

SO I crawled under there anyway and grabbed everything I could put my hands on and shook the crap out of it. Everything is tight. If I bounce the car up and down I can't reproduce the sound....pushing the tires with force (as to rock the car side to side) also doesn't reproduce any strange sounds. Wondered if anyone else is having this phantom noise and where I might look for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We haven't hit 20k miles on it yet, you think those end links could be worn already? Will have to crawl back under there and see if I can get a better look at it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
check the rear license plate frame on my Sorento i had to put a piece of rubber seal underneath the frame as it rattled going over bumps and rough roads.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
16 Posts
It could be the rear hatch locking mechanism.

Try and adjusting that.

Or the rear middle seat belt that comes from the roof.

·
Registered
600RWHP HSV MALOO /SPORTARGE platinum TD
73 Posts
when driving your 3G alone , do you get the passenger's seat belt clip banging on the center post when you go over bumps ??
very annoying

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX Luxury
4 Posts
Rattle issue

My 2011 EX Luxury had a similar problem. A component in the driver side parking brake assembly had worked loose. It made the same horrible rattle. I took the Kia mechanic with me for a shakedown and he had it cured in twenty minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts