Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife parked her Bug under our pine tree a few times. As I was washing the car I noticed these hardened blobs of dried pine sap. So I grabbed my Mother's Bug and Tar remover and sprayed it on - waited 30 seconds and it worked - mostly. Most of the sap was gone, so I sprayed it again - it wasn't getting the last bit off - the sap stuck to the paint. So I rummaged around and found my bottle of Turtle Wax - Bug and Tar remover and squirted that on there and waited about 30 seconds, and it all wiped right off the paint.

My takeaway is this - use both. Use Mothers to remove most of it - use Turtle Wax to finish it up.

I've also tried just the Turtle Wax stuff on the sap and it doesn't do a good job on the blob, but remarkable good getting it off the paint once the blobs been removed with Mothers. Crazy I know - but try it and see for yourself.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
221 Posts
How do they work in combination getting splattered insects off the front? These tanks seem to attract far more skeeters than any other vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had some boxes over the years. Currently I'm spraying with the hose on JET, foaming, rinsing, and picking off the excess with my nails...then I still gotta wash the car afterward

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do they work in combination getting splattered insects off the front? These tanks seem to attract far more skeeters than any other vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had some boxes over the years. Currently I'm spraying with the hose on JET, foaming, rinsing, and picking off the excess with my nails...then I still gotta wash the car afterward
That I do not know... I know I bought the Mothers Bug and Tar remover is Savannah two years ago because the little "love bugs" covered the front of my Stinger. I bought a microfiber cloth and used the Mothers to get them off, but they were fresh. It worked OK for that. The Mothers is like a foam and the Turtle Wax stuff is waxy. I'd try them both like on the sap. The Mothers may remove the "meat" of the bugs and the Turtle Wax stuff may get the dried, stuck on exoskeleton off better. Who knows? :)

Reactions: TD Charlie

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
822 Posts
You can wet paper towels with WD40 and cover the affected area for 10 mins, wipe it off, wash the car, done

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can wet paper towels with WD40 and cover the affected area for 10 mins, wipe it off, wash the car, done
That may work for bugs - but I've tried it on sap and it didn't touch it.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
Turtle Wax's Bug and Tar remover has worked great for me in getting pine sap and dead bugs off the Sorento. We just got back from a road trip through the midwest, and the windshield was caked with bugs after bombing along at 85mph for hours on end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts