·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
557 Posts
The safety rating does help. My last car nearly had the Sportage's rating, and I was injured in the exact ways the tests showed deficiencies.

I saw a TechnoOrange today. It has its critics, but I really like that colour. Funky and electric. It's not my choice, but I want an orange one too ;-)

I'm glad you're OK, but rehab takes such effort and patience. Pain pills make me ill as well as injured, but after some healing I found a small amount of alcohol could replace pills. Doctors and random people will frown, but it helped me move beyond kinda-handicapped to aches&pains, and I had little use for it beyond that. Doesn't have to be beer if that's traumatic :)

I found driving totally normal afterwards, surprising people. Only difference now is I brake before where opposing cars are supposed to stop, and that's already avoided one collision with a speeding semi. Learned my expletives-disallowed lesson I guess.

You'll heal. Attitude is a major factor, and from your story you seem adjusted to a situation with dramatic changes in life. If you're the kind of person who will say "Oh right, the car accident" months from now, it'll be unimportant as you heal. Saying "My new car" is an awesome step.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage LX AWD
14 Posts
Hope ya get to feeling better soon!

Were any pictures taken of the accident? Just curious to see how the Tucson held up.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The safety rating does help. My last car nearly had the Sportage's rating, and I was injured in the exact ways the tests showed deficiencies.

I saw a TechnoOrange today. It has its critics, but I really like that colour. Funky and electric. It's not my choice, but I want an orange one too ;-)

I'm glad you're OK, but rehab takes such effort and patience. Pain pills make me ill as well as injured, but after some healing I found a small amount of alcohol could replace pills. Doctors and random people will frown, but it helped me move beyond kinda-handicapped to aches&pains, and I had little use for it beyond that. Doesn't have to be beer if that's traumatic :)

I found driving totally normal afterwards, surprising people. Only difference now is I brake before where opposing cars are supposed to stop, and that's already avoided one collision with a speeding semi. Learned my expletives-disallowed lesson I guess.

You'll heal. Attitude is a major factor, and from your story you seem adjusted to a situation with dramatic changes in life. If you're the kind of person who will say "Oh right, the car accident" months from now, it'll be unimportant as you heal. Saying "My new car" is an awesome step.
Thanks twinscroll,
I think I'm finally starting to feel a bit better. I just see "copper" when I look at the Sporty, a classic old fav. of mine. I've had so many blue cars, I wanted a change. Signal red, & Mineral silver, are 2 other classic colors I like on the Sporty. The Tuc I had was nice in Kiwi green, but had no other colors as nice as the choices on the Sportage. Some cars look good in black, but it wasn't appealing to me on either the Tucson /Sportage.

It sounds like you've "been there, done that" and recovered well from your accident. Thanks for the tip on alcohol, (if, & when needed,,,lol) the Perkoset works, but tears up my stomach. I liked the Tucson, but felt it was more luxury themed, then Sporty like the Sportage. Basically the Sporty seems to ride very similar, but smoother, & quieter, maybe the tire brand, & size,
makes the difference?

Tucson GLS model Kumho Solus - 225/60/17" vs. Sportage EX model Hankook Optimo - 235/55/18"

it's Odd that the Tucson Limited has stock 225/55/18" tires?

later, Mike ;)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope ya get to feeling better soon!

Were any pictures taken of the accident? Just curious to see how the Tucson held up.

Thanks bearcub,
I know pix were taken, but I don't know who did, or how to get them?
I was dozing but, we were only traveling 30-40mph on a country road in Jersey. When, I'm guessing we got hit, or pushed slightly sideways drivers door crushed, then into a Mazda CX5 SUV (I think?) front, & my door crushed, then glanced off angled backwards to a stop. We were trapped in the car, they had to cut the doors off. The people in the SUV were injured but not so bad, they were out walking around, I think just whiplash. If this were at freeway speed, it would have been even worse.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK!

I also purchased a used 2011 Sportage SX techno orange a few months ago. It's my wife's car so it sits in the garage most of the time but I'm looking forward to a few long road trips coming up over the holiday season.

Enjoy the turbo!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Some cars look good in black, but it wasn't appealing to me on either the Tucson /Sportage.
the Perkoset works, but tears up my stomach
maybe the tire brand, & size makes the difference?
Dunno, but tires and wheels matter a lot for ride quality and handling.

I like black too, but I've owned black cars, and they never look clean. Some people can spend their lives polishing black paint, but I don't care enough, so it's a choice between me driving a clean-looking or dirty-looking car.

Painkillers were the same for me. Worked great the first few days, but gradually became the bigger problem. Trading poisons is bad, but painkillers get evil.

·
Registered
2011 SportageR SX AWD
78 Posts
It's a rare color only available on the 2011 model. It's my understanding that it was only available on the EX and then dropped in Nov 2010. It was reinstated on the SX only in April 2011 when the SX was introduced. My wife calls it pumpkin.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a rare color only available on the 2011 model. It's my understanding that it was only available on the EX and then dropped in Nov 2010. It was reinstated on the SX only in April 2011 when the SX was introduced. My wife calls it pumpkin.
You might call it pumpkin, because it is not as bright as orange, or other cars in copper, but has just enough color stand out, & turn heads ;)

·
Registered
11 Kia Sportage, 04 Ram
21 Posts
I bought my techno orange sporty in March of '11. I was worried that, after awhile, i'd start to regret my colour choice. I've had it for almost 2 years now and I still love it over any of the other colours. I still get comments (all positive) to this day.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
That is so weird I see a few members here have this orange color and I have yet to see one in real life. Had there been this option in the states or however you bought one, I probably would have gone with that color instead of Mineral Silver for my '12 EX

·
Registered
Kia Carnival,(sold). 2012 Kia Sportage, Yamaha TRX 850 M/Cycle
55 Posts
It is, in my opinion, a great colour for a car.(this is how us unamericans spell color.)

I am still surprised after 1 year of ownership... that people that I work with, for example still comment on what a great colour (there it is again) this techno Orange is. It makes me proud:p.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts