Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my passenger side seems to be getting wet when I drive in a storm. I think I have at least a couple of holes in the underside.

Could someone please tell me if that's what it looks like to you, or does it look more like something important is leaking?

I was thinking if they are "just" holes, I might be able to use some Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal to fill them up?

kf2.jpg

kf1.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like some... drain hole?
Thank you for taking the time to reply Cochise! Yes, there are definitely some intended holes in that area. But the part where I think I'm having a problem are those white areas where it looks like it might be torn away/rotted from the frame.

I'm wondering if those white areas are just insulation or something with nothing above them but the interior of my car. My hope is that I can just patch those up and be good to go -- versus them being some kind of tank that contains fluids or something.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,391 Posts
Best to take it to a body shop and ask them.
Perhaps they can stuff some type of caulk or filler material in the non factory holes.....

Reactions: LoganSoul

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like my problem was a busted AC drainage line leaking into the cabin, not the holes!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Most times it's either AC or rain-related.

It's a big area that's retaining moisture. If the problem doesn't get fixed, I wouldn't seal the spot. I would do the opposite and drill a few holes for better drain. That will lessen the large wet spot.

Reactions: LoganSoul

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most times it's either AC or rain-related.

It's a big area that's retaining moisture. If the problem doesn't get fixed, I wouldn't seal the spot. I would do the opposite and drill a few holes for better drain. That will lessen the large wet spot.
Thanks for the advice. I had a car with a leaking trunk where I did that!

I'm getting it fixed, but waiting on delivery of what seems to be the most custom tube ever made.

Attachments

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,835 Posts
Looks like you soon get that a-hole out of your soul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts