Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT-edition CRDI 2.0 -16 // Volkswagen Passat 4-motion -17
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Been following the forum for some time but just registered. Been having a few problems with my 2008 CRDI Ceed. Since the warranty was voided because of the last owner did not service in time i wont give it to some greedy kia shop :mad:

Here are the problems, you dont have to answer all of course! but any tips helps me! :D
1. First of i can not pop my hood. The lever in the car works and i can feel and hear the wire all the way to the front. But nothing happens when i pull it and i was trying to find the locks under the hood by carefully using i screwdriver. But since i don´t know where the locks are i´m lost. Anyone have a tip? maybe a photo with your hood open so i can se where the locks are.

2. ACC problems. Not cooling as it should. I heard of some electrical problems that could cause this, anyone know if there are sensors that are faulty and should be replaced? i will check the pressure and see if there are any "coolant" left in the system too.

3. Fans in the car can not be changed. I can change the speed of the fans but not where it should go. No matter what button i press (the lights turns on the button when i push) nothing happens and the air comes from the small holes on top of the main fan outlet. The only button that changes the setting is the de-froster for the front window. Anyone have a clue?

4. None of the buttons for the stereo works on the main unit. The steering wheel works fine and the volume/freq. knob on the stereo. I solved this by ordering a new one from ebay with touchscreen/gps/bt and so on. But can the original radio be fixed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Hey Guys!
Been following the forum for some time but just registered. Been having a few problems with my 2008 CRDI Ceed. Since the warranty was voided because of the last owner did not service in time i wont give it to some greedy kia shop :mad:
Hi. Hope you got a good deal otherwise.

1. First of i can not pop my hood.
The secondary catch is shown in the manual. But it could be seized. Perhaps a spray of releasing agent left for a day or two would fix it?

2. ACC problems. Not cooling as it should. I heard of some electrical problems that could cause this, anyone know if there are sensors that are faulty and should be replaced? i will check the pressure and see if there are any "coolant" left in the system too.
The air con is ultimately controlled by the climate control panel; the lamp shows aircon is enabled, not that is it running. (Think about central heating - you turn it on but the thermostat decides when to run the boiler.) You don't say what country you are from. If UK, the weather hasn't been warm enough recently for the system to decide to use it. To test the mechanical functionality of the aircon try turning the dial to LO.

The software in the climate control panel of that period has a number of other annoying issues, though, and no update has been issued by Kia. I find the worst behaviour is when the weather is in the 6-16 degree range (ie, most of the time in Britain and something not related to aircon).

3. Fans in the car can not be changed. I can change the speed of the fans but not where it should go. No matter what button i press (the lights turns on the button when i push) nothing happens and the air comes from the small holes on top of the main fan outlet. The only button that changes the setting is the de-froster for the front window. Anyone have a clue?
It's possible the cabin filter is blocked and although you can hear the fan, it is not actually blowing air through. The manual shows how to change to filter.

To save you buying a new filter before knowing the state of the original, try the system with the filter removed. You should sort this out before worrying about item 2.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Was trying to find the picture in the manual by looking at the index for this segment but did not find anything. But by accident i flipped through the pages and found the picture of the engine compartment. Thanks! ill look in to it!.

2. I´m from Sweden where the weather har not been very warm lately. But it has been quite warm some days and when i put it all the way down (LOW) it cools but not close to my other car (saab 9-5). It´s not cold and not warm so to speak. I was going to have the AC looked at today but since i can´t get the hood open i had to postpone it.

3. It´s not that it does not work because it "works". It´s just that i can´t control where the air comes out. The fans are blowing at the speed i set it to but it´s only through the small "holes" above the big ones so to speak (the big ones are the ones i can shut of/angle). If i press the button for the air to blow at my feet nothing happens it just keeps blowing from the small holes (same thing with button to head/face). The only button that makes a differance is the one for the front window/de icer/defrost button. When i push that one the fans go FULL at the window just as it is supposed to do. But i will look at the cabin filter anyways but it does not feel like the filter is causing this problem since the other fans are "working".

And thank you so very much for taking time and answering!! :)

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
3. It´s not that it does not work because it "works". It´s just that i can´t control where the air comes out.
Could be a vent flap is stuck. There is a diagnostic that might give some clues.

At System manuals download "Kia cee'd Air Conditioning System". (You will also need an app to extract the file. 7zip is suitable.)

The diagnostic is on page 16.

And thank you so very much for taking time and answering!! :)
Good to get new contributors. Please stick around.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
Some downward pressure on the hood might allow the catch to release. You need a friend to help with this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still trying to work this hood problem out, can´t get it to open. I´m thinking about cutting the lock from the hood (by cutting the "hook" from the hood in the middle). Is it possible that this "lock/hook" can be replaced or is it welded to the hood.

My problems with this car seems to pile up. The ABS lamp turns on along with the ESP OFF sometimes. It´s gone when i start the car after having it off for a while...thinking of wedging the throttle and driving it of a cliff right now.

Thank you all for trying!

Im gonna look at the the PDF and try to do a diag!.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

1. Finally got the hood open. Had to dismount the wire since it apperantly had come of it´s holders causing it not to pull with the correct amount of force. Took a while but its done!

2. ACC diagnostic showed:

Flaps stuck or broken...

As i said before my ABS and ESP is now going haywire and coming on at random times. Can´t find a cause of this problem...

AND

while under the car i noticed that the Evaporator is broken 2 cell ROWS is hanging by a thread. Guess we know why the ACC is not working...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update again:

Feeling somewhat better about my car.

The fans are now working after i found a wire that was not connected to anything under the steering wheel/above pedals. Guess what? it was the fan control and now it works fine.

Alse went to my "AC guy" who tested the system and could not find any leaks in the system. So we vacumed it and filled R134 and it works for now. The condenser needs to be replaced in the near future.

BUT

The ABS light and the ESP OFF lights are now on all the time. It started with the lights coming on sometimes but it worked fine after the car had been shut of. Sometimes it was just the ESP OFF that lit up but now both are lit.

Sometimes the ABS light turns of just before i start the car but comes back on as soon as i start the engine.

Anyone have a clue of what could be wrong? i have a OBD2 reader but is it possible with the right software to read the ABS codes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure why you would want to fix the original radio, I just replace mine as well with a touch screen DVD GPS 3G unit, audio sound is better & looks cool. My original unit had trouble playing MP3 & it was the 2nd Kia stereo in this car in 4yrs the first owner had it replaced as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure why you would want to fix the original radio, I just replace mine as well with a touch screen DVD GPS 3G unit, audio sound is better & looks cool. My original unit had trouble playing MP3 & it was the 2nd Kia stereo in this car in 4yrs the first owner had it replaced as well.
I did replace it :D

My first post:
"4. None of the buttons for the stereo works on the main unit. The steering wheel works fine and the volume/freq. knob on the stereo. I solved this by ordering a new one from ebay with touchscreen/gps/bt and so on. But can the original radio be fixed?"

Just wanted to know it there was any chance of repairing it since i like taking things apart :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts