Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, driving it for a few days now. Love the drive. Radio sounds not too bad. Ride's good especially with Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring tires. Had someone buy the takeoffs. Installed the mud spats easily. Don't like the McGard locks at all.. Stick waaaay to far out. The passenger seat makes the pasengers look like they're very short. Engine does well but the ISG needs to be deactivated everytime you start the car so you have to find and hit the switch, everytime. PIA.

First fuel fill up computer says I did 280 miles at 48mph average and averaged 39.7mpg. But I measured it at 34.8mpg actual.

Ordered a sunvisor and x-pel for the headlights. Looking for some black bathtowels now for daily use seat covers. Throw them in the back on date night.

Did you guys know the redesigned flat cargo lids are about 2-3" above the styrofoam organizer? Not well supported. Don't want to throw any 40# bags of water conditioner salt back there.

Well I like the car so far and is a step up from my good ole xA. Now I just have to keep the local *&^%$'s bottle rockets from landing and burning up my cars paint tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX, 5-door, Midnight Sapphire
13 Posts
Sorry to hear the ISG has to be turned off every trip. I could see that getting old fast. I got the first 13 in my area in May and ISG was not installed. Since the mpg benefits are so small on the ISG, I can see why the added complexity wasn't attractive.

I'm considering going with some touring tires soon as well when I buy new wheels, so I'll take a look at those ones now, along with Continental and General.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
All small issues. Actually, I'll concentrate on the 98% of everything else that is right about the car. Doing pretty good at that rate I think.

No bottle rocket damage this year. Yea :) but now I cover up the windows with a beach towel since she's in the sun for now. 101F tomorrow :( and I've got the sun shade still coming in. Made by IntroTech.

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
All small issues. Actually, I'll concentrate on the 98% of everything else that is right about the car. Doing pretty good at that rate I think.

No bottle rocket damage this year. Yea :) but now I cover up the windows with a beach towel since she's in the sun for now. 101F tomorrow :( and I've got this still coming in. Made by IntroTech.
101F..that's cool.:D My temp gauge read 113F:eek: last Saturday! The little RIO got baked! Needless to say I spent the majority of that day inside.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You win! We usually get 2-3 days over 90F each summer. And we're at 12 so far. Still I'm hesitant to go and buy a solar cockpit cover like for aircraft.

Bank drive-thru tellers have my dogs brainwashed to go crazy for dog cookies when that capsule comes out of the tube. So I can't get my windows tinted either.

I'm hoping I can control the heat over the dash at least. I'd hate to see that huge expanse of real estate fade or crack. Bad memories of '60-'80s cars.

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
You win! We usually get 2-3 days over 90F each summer. And we're at 12 so far. Still I'm hesitant to go and buy a solar cockpit cover like for aircraft.

Bank drive-thru tellers have my dogs brainwashed to go crazy for dog cookies when that capsule comes out of the tube. So I can't get my windows tinted either.

I'm hoping I can control the heat over the dash at least. I'd hate to see that huge expanse of real estate fade or crack. Bad memories of '60-'80s cars.
I still have a 1998 Nissan Frontier purchased new with 4 miles now 265,000. I've never used a solar cover in it. The dash doesn't have a single crack. What ever supplier Nissan used for the crash pad. I hope KIA uses the same!

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Ride's good especially with Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring tires. Had someone buy the takeoffs.

Engine does well but the ISG needs to be deactivated everytime you start the car so you have to find and hit the switch, everytime. PIA.

First fuel fill up computer says I did 280 miles at 48mph average and averaged 39.7mpg. But I measured it at 34.8mpg actual.

Did you guys know the redesigned flat cargo lids are about 2-3" above the styrofoam organizer? Not well supported. Don't want to throw any 40# bags of water conditioner salt back there.
You were lucky to get rid of your original tyres. Next car I buy, I'm going to try doing a deal on fitting my preferred tyres instead of the originals.

I'd also prefer to be able to turn off the ISG permanently.

At last, someone has checked computer vs. actual!

You could cut yourself a flat liner from plywood or similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts