Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My first oil change will be here fairly soon. I already have oil but have a couple questions on the filter.

I've already decided from searching here and elsewhere I definitely want OEM, was also able to find the filter size and the socket size for the filter cap here, thanks! Two questions though...

What is the approximate value of an OEM Hyundai/KIA filter these days? I don't mind paying but I don't want to get ripped off.

Second, is there any reliable way to tell true OEM Hyundai/KIA filters from cheap knock offs? I am considering making a bulk purchase from someplace like eBay and I don't want to unwittingly get stuck with some Chinese counterfeit knock offs. As this is our first KIA and I've yet to change the oil in it I really don't know what to be looking for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
find out from your local dealer say a case of 6 filters, they may give you a good price or contact our admin and member on this site Cobra259 who is a parts guy at a Kia dealer and gives good prices on any OEM parts and will ship to anywhere in the US. That way you will know for sure they are the correct ones, its not worth taking a gamble to save a few dollars if at all. The OEM filters are not expensive but they are good.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona 1997 Land Rover Discovery
145 Posts
Remember that the OEM filters are made by the lowest bidder and they change manufacturers all the time.
I go to NAPA, their filters are made by WIX which is one of the top brands in the US.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I have yet to find an aftermarket filter that is *exactly* like the OEM filter.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,828 Posts
26320-3CAA0, Is the Kia part # for your oil filter. It comes with o/rings and the drain plug gasket. They have a list price of $10.00 each. I'll sell for $8.00 each.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the help and suggestions.:thumbsup: I think I'll pick just one up from the dealer then go bargain hunting later rather than trying to score a load right now.

I'm an oil/filter nut I tend to load up on things but always at a deal. The KIA is the only vehicle we have that takes a cartridge filter or 5w20 so I'm trying not to overdo it, already have enough stuff to drive my Jeep till it dies hah hah.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona 1997 Land Rover Discovery
145 Posts
Thank you all for the help and suggestions.:thumbsup: I think I'll pick just one up from the dealer then go bargain hunting later rather than trying to score a load right now.

I'm an oil/filter nut I tend to load up on things but always at a deal. The KIA is the only vehicle we have that takes a cartridge filter or 5w20 so I'm trying not to overdo it, already have enough stuff to drive my Jeep till it dies hah hah.
Just remember that motor oil goes bad over time, stored at room temp out of the sun it will last about 3 years, in the sun or in the garage a year at the most.
So that "good deal" that lets you stock up on 86 years worth of motor oil is not a good deal.
I use Shell Rotella 5w-40 in everything and I change it every 5,000 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts