Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I just completed a 2000 km road trip. On the second day, with the outside temp reading 87F , our a/c got gradually warmer until the point of just being cool. We stopped to book into a motel, and when we went for dinner about 30 minutes later, and turned on the AC , we had water droplots spitting out of the vents , and even very small particles of ice. The AC was cold again however. My guess is , a part of the system must have froze up, and after the car sat ,it thawed out again. Anyone else experience this phenomenon ? We drove home yesterday with the ambient temps again the 83F range with no issue.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
322 Posts
You likely have moisture in your AC line. A leak check is in order and do the repair on any leaky part found. Then evacuate and refill the system.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
569 Posts
Here is my thread where my AC stopped working. There was an issue with the hose in the rear and it apparently was a lot of work to get to it. Work order pics, etc. included: Apparent AC leak

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
1,740 Posts
Ensure you have good air flow. A very dirty cabin filter can almost shut down flow and the core may freeze. If you're using the rear AC as well be sure the fan is turned up as well although it shouldn't affect the front IMO.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear AC was off, I spoke with my mechanic friend , he thinks the drain may have been plugged and with it being such a hot day and long period of driving, it may have froze , as I suspected. Going to check it and blow some compressed air into the drain hole. Thanks for the replies. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts