Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Each time when I start engine, the air intake control switch is off by default & this will allow outside air to come in. However, a friend with spectra manage to set air intake control switch permanent on (recirculated air) done by KIA service center. It can be done by just playing around with climate control, anyone knows how to do this?

On the other hand, it seems like KIA A/C has some common problem. If you travel long distance at night or raining day, the air will reduce until no further air come out from A/C. KIA service centers gave explanation that blower problem, A/C sensor problem, plastic peaces block the pipe :angry: , etc....Anyone has this problem before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by spectran01@Nov 17 2004, 04:26 PM
Hi there,

Each time when I start engine, the air intake control switch is off by default & this will allow outside air to come in. However, a friend with spectra manage to set air intake control switch permanent on (recirculated air) done by KIA service center. It can be done by just playing around with climate control, anyone knows how to do this?

On the other hand, it seems like KIA A/C has some common problem. If you travel long distance at night or raining day, the air will reduce until no further air come out from A/C. KIA service centers gave explanation that blower problem, A/C sensor problem, plastic peaces block the pipe :angry: , etc....Anyone has this problem before?

Thanks.
Yes, Just got mine Spectra 2 months ago. Yes, the intake contorl can be set permanent. I saw them did it on mine, v properly cannot DIY. Because, they need to loose out the entire front panel. Then, unplug the circuit. Start engin, plug back the cable. It is done. So, it will memerios the last setting u select. For example if u press on recycle. Then the next time u start your car it will on at recycle. If u select not to recycle, then the next timue u start your car. It will on at no-recycle.
No comment on your second issue, could be some problem in your air-cont. Take to KIA service centerl for check out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by teohse@Dec 16 2004, 02:46 PM
Yes, Just got mine Spectra 2 months ago. Yes, the intake contorl can be set permanent. I saw them did it on mine, v properly cannot DIY. Because, they need to loose out the entire front panel. Then, unplug the circuit. Start engin, plug back the cable. It is done. So, it will memerios the last setting u select. For example if u press on recycle. Then the next time u start your car it will on at recycle. If u select not to recycle, then the next timue u start your car. It will on at no-recycle.
No comment on your second issue, could be some problem in your air-cont. Take to KIA service centerl for check out.
Try this:
1. switch off engine
2. Air-con dial to OFF position.
3. Remaining 2 dials to right most position.
4. start engine
5. Quickly depress "Recycle air" button 5 times.
6. Button will blink. Press to select

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by ooice@Dec 22 2004, 01:41 PM
Try this:
1. switch off engine
2. Air-con dial to OFF position.
3. Remaining 2 dials to right most position.
4. start engine
5. Quickly depress "Recycle air" button 5 times.
6. Button will blink. Press to select
thanks...it work fine for my car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts