Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sportage EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did an engine removal, rebuild and reinstall on a 2005 Sportage EX 2.7 that I bought not running. During rebuild, I replaced anything that would be a problem in the near future. I have replaced the Alternator, a/c compressor, receiver/dryer and a complete engine rebuild. I don't know if the A/C worked before. After getting it running, I vacuumed the a/c system and recharged freon. It calls for 18oz if 134A and that's what I put in it. After that, the clutch would not pull in with a/c on. I did some troubleshooting, found the high switch on the triple switch wasn't closed, so I started all over and replaced that switch. Still the clutch won't pull in. What I've found is that if I take the cover off the a/c relay and manually operate the contacts, the clutch pulls in and pumps normally. After about one minute, the relay will stay pulled in. If you shut off the A/c and turn it back on, the clutch won't pull in again. When it's pumping, I'm seeing pressures of 30 on low side and 125 on high side which is right at factory specs. I have the FSM with wiring diagrams. I've checked the main relay and it's good but the a/c relay just won't pull in. The manual says the only things that's left that would keep it not working is the Evap temp sensor, outside temperature sensor (haven't checked them yet) and wiring issues. Does anyone have any idea or it ran into this before? Please help!

Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts