Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I accelerate with my A/C on, it makes a whining noise that follows the RPM. Kind of like a tire noise when the road surface changes. It works great, so I hate to mess with it, but I was thinking of maybe loosening the belt tension a bit. Any one else have A/C noise? Thanks in advance. On a side note, this Sporty is the driest vehicle underneath, that I have ever owned. Just took a 1000 mile trip, and there isn't a drop of anything anywhere underneath the vehicle. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I will replace the tensioner pulley, and see what that does.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Tommy , i think the bearing itself is replaceable , save some $.
Or maybe its the turbo spooling down. Lol.
Chief

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tommy , i think the bearing itself is replaceable , save some $.
Or maybe its the turbo spooling down. Lol.
Chief
Good Point, and I didn't even think about the turbo!

·
Registered
Kia Rondo 2009
1 Posts
Whining noise when accelerating ...

I started to hear a whining noise with the AC on everytime I would increase or decrease my speed. As time went on that noise would also be there without the AC on. So what to do?

I took my Rondo to the dealership and was told it is the A/C compressor, specifically the bearings that make the noise. Luckily I had an extended warranty contract that I purchased with the vehicle and the A/C compressor was covered, otherwise it would have been $1200!!

Thank goodness for warranty contracts!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts