Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX+ 3.3L V6 (red)
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird problem here. Intermittently (and I'm just noticing this because we're finally using the A/C the last couple of days), the "A/C is on" indicator light will not go on, or will not remain on, when using the A/C. However, when it does this, the A/C still works perfectly fine. I can press the A/C button and the A/C works but the light doesn't turn on; I press the A/C button again and the A/C turns off (and of course the light remains off). Sometimes I press the A/C button and the light DOES turn on, but then goes out a while later (yet the A/C still remains working).

I've checked the fuse for the A/C, but it looked perfectly fine. I swapped it out with another 10A fuse anyway, but it's still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas here? The only thing I can see that fits any pattern is that the light seems to be "most flaky" when the temperature inside the car is hot.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
does it light up when A/C kicks in?

Also, is your logic on or off? (defrost logic)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
does it light up when A/C kicks in?

Also, is your logic on or off? (defrost logic)
As I said, it's intermittent in terms of whether it lights up or not when the A/C is on. Sometimes the light stays on when I use A/C, sometimes it goes off on its own. If it's off, sometimes I can turn it on, but other times I press the A/C button and it won't come on. When the A/C is on (I can feel the ice cold air), sometimes the A/C light is on and sometimes it's off.

This all started happening a few days ago. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it might have something to do with the heat. It was very hot here for the first time all year, and in the morning when it was cooler, everything functioned fine. When the car got hot in the afternoon sun and it got to 31C, the light started acting wonky in the manner I've described.

As for the defrost logic--not sure what you mean by that? :huh:

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
defrost logic - is when you can select the AC to be on in defrost position (any portion of air directed to windshield) page 41 or something in manual... I do not remember

loose connector? poor contact on fuse? it appears more like electrical than mechanical issue. Out of warranty, right?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I see what you're saying. Well, I've gone ahead and reset the defrost logic anyway (figured it couldn't hurt), so we'll see if that helps. And yep, out of warranty :( Yeah, I'm guessing too that it's something electrical. Checked the fuses, doesn't seem to be anything related to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts