Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Kia Sportage 2WD, V6, EX
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Kia Sportage V6 EX:
A?C works spradoclly. The compressor is on but nothing is coming thru the vents no blowing, no cold air.
I am guesiing that the control panel is bad?
The green light comes on that the A/C is on but nothing. Also the compressoor goes on and off.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
Well if the compressor switches on and off, then I would assume the head unit is ok, as well as the compressor, and the refrigerant charge. Does the blower motor work on all speeds, or at all? Is the mode selector working properly? Can you hear any clicking coming from the dash area when switching modes?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,100 Posts
Sportages do not make noise when changing through modes. Well at least my 08 does not. Being the same I would assume his/hers is the same.

Does it have refrigerant? It does run out and being a 06, I would think it might be time to get it refilled. They do a preasure test at that time to check for leaks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys
It's not the coolant. When it works it works.
And coolant doesn't 'leak' out. (as a side).
It seems to be an electrical problem because it works, then stops. eveything. (except the commpressor which is still working even though the air is not blowing.)

I have ordered a new control panel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if the compressor switches on and off, then I would assume the head unit is ok, as well as the compressor, and the refrigerant charge. Does the blower motor work on all speeds, or at all? Is the mode selector working properly? Can you hear any clicking coming from the dash area when switching modes?
yes, it's sporadic....works....doesnt work....at the panel.
when it works, it all works correctly, temp fan speed etc. Then it will just stop blowing. If it was the relay it would keepworking. My guess is the dash control unit.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
That sound like a safe bet. I think the only test you could perform is to check for power and ground at the blower motor connector when the problem happens.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,100 Posts
You could have checked the voltage at the panel when on. That would tell you if its wiring, or a bad panel. I hope the panel was cheap, its sounds like a loose connection on a wire which the panel will not fix.

I dont understand your post. Is the "ac" working or not? Or are you talking about the fan blower in general?

The compressor will ALWAYS run if your are using defrost mode. It is set to turn on automatically even if you are NOT using A/C
You can shut if off permanantly for defrost if you set all levers to "off" Hit the inside out button 5 times. If it works, the light will blink several times and no compressor will turn on anymore except for in a/c mode.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turns uot that the 3 wire harness plug in the passenger footwell had melted and shorted. Cut it off, soldered on one from the junk yard and back to new.

AHad just moved from CA to texas a month before. fully loaded. Probably was a weak part to start w/ but the contu=inual use over the 27 hour drive probably overheated the connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
are you talking about the resistor that you replaced? Mine stopped working as well and I the wires at my resistor were burnt as well. Replaced and fan is still not working.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no. exactly what I said. the plug on the wire harness. the male plug to be exact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts