Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone:

I recently had my wife's Sorento in for its 60k service and I noticed that afterward the A/C hasn't been blowing cold. I believe the Compressor might not be engaging. I just need to verify the fuse name(s) and location(s). I believe it is C/FAN2 and it's a 60 AMP. The issue with this (if I am correct) is that the fuse is NOT in the fuse block where it should be... could someone look at these two pictures and verify that I'm either correct or an idiot? Thanks a bunch, everyone!

-LB

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick addition!!!

Currently there ARE NO 60A FUSES IN THE SLOTS. Just noticed that a few of the fuses are glared out. Wanted to clarify.

·
Registered
'15 Sorento EX
514 Posts
Power to the A/C control module is through the 10A fuse labeled "A/CON" near the lower left (second fuse above the green relay). The C/FAN fuse is "cooling fan" (engine cooling not interior).

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX-L 6
2 Posts
Hello, everyone:

I recently had my wife's Sorento in for its 60k service and I noticed that afterward the A/C hasn't been blowing cold. I believe the Compressor might not be engaging. I just need to verify the fuse name(s) and location(s). I believe it is C/FAN2 and it's a 60 AMP. The issue with this (if I am correct) is that the fuse is NOT in the fuse block where it should be... could someone look at these two pictures and verify that I'm either correct or an idiot? Thanks a bunch, everyone!

-LB
Hi did changing the fuse fix your wife's issue with the AC? If so can you help me and tell me what I need to do. Thank you

·
Registered
Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
554 Posts
Wait out. THis C/fan 60A fuse is part of the long fuse block that contains several other fuses. THe 60A fuse that is part of that block cannot be changed invidually. THe empty slots that lie beside the large fuse block have no relation to C/fan. THe 60A fuse is actually right there under the C/FAN marking and I doubt that it is the cause of your problem.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX-L 6
2 Posts
Wait out. THis C/fan2 60A fuse is part of the long fuse block that contains several other fuses. THe 60A fuse that is part of that block canot be changed invidually. THe empty slots that lie beside the large fuse block have no relation to C/fan2. THe 60A fuse is actually right there under the C/FAN2 marking and I doubt that it is the cause of your problem.
Thank you any ideas or suggestions. Trying to avoid the large cost.
Thank you,
Kim

·
Registered
Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
554 Posts
... I believe the Compressor might not be engaging. ...
THE most commopn cause for "compressor not engaging" is loss of refrigerant. A low refrigerant pressure will inhbit compressor operation. Only way to test this is having the system hooked to a a/c service system....I These systems do not have a specific low pressure sensor ("then" systems had an on/off low pressure switch) ..but at rest the high side is at same pressure as low side.

..there is only one sensor on the high pressure side that tells pressure to the computer........ anyway, hard to reach and test.

THe compressor clutch coil can fail..an ohmmeter would show a noraml resistance in the order of a few ohms...probably around 10 ohms. If failed, it would show open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts