Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
switching from f to c

Push the blower speed control & temp control together for about 5 seconds. Is it really 103 f in Ontario? Your dealer should have done this .Mine explained it to me .

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Ok....on a related note....is it possible to change the fuel economy readouts from metric to mpg? Or would that change the distance to empty to miles too?

·
Registered
333 Posts
metric to imperial conversion

In A word No_Our speedos are in both & I guess that's all Kia figures we need:mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Push the blower speed control & temp control together for about 5 seconds. Is it really 103 f in Ontario? Your dealer should have done this .Mine explained it to me .
Ah! thanks rroyce. I think i tried that before but i believe i was driving (if that makes a difference?). But just tried it and worked!
my sales person wasn't the smartest to be honest. oh well.

thanks!

ps. and yes, it was 103°F around 1pm today.. crazy heat.

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
Well, you are pushing it... It was not 39.4C. My car reported only 34C and then 32C as I started driving. And it Was sitting all day on the sun.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you are pushing it... It was not 39.4C. My car reported only 34C and then 32C as I started driving. And it Was sitting all day on the sun.
I believe your readout will display ±5500°C if you were on the sun all day..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't see the display 'lying' though, although I do notice the temperature dropping 1-3 degrees once you start driving.
I also have a digital weather station at home and it too registered around 43°C which I think isn't right either, but at the same time is always within a couple degrees of accuracy.

Either way, it was pretty hot.

·
Registered
333 Posts
outside temperature sensor

I don't know where the sensor is on a Rio but the outside gauge only reads accurately when the car is in motion.On Mercedes-Benz they put it behind the front license plate where all the engine heat come up over the front bumper so they read way too high in traffic or idling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts